|
|
| Author |
Message |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:27 - 19 Oct 2009 Post subject: A few numberplate questions/ideas.... |
 |
|
So, both involve being less likely to be picked up by Police, the first seems illegal-ish, but easy enough to try and talk out of....the second, not so much.
So, number one, if I was able to get a bird to...defecate....on my numberplate...say by leaving it near a tree, but also 'accidentally' covering some important letters. (accidentally meaning putting it under a bird table/busy tree when bike is not being used). How likely am I to be in trouble with the old po-po? I could just say it happened where it was last parked? and I am on the way home where I will clean it?
Second.....running foreign numberplates.
So, does anyone do this? Unless your VIN was checked, I don't see what could go wrong with it? If you gave a bit of an 'accent' if pulled, and memorised an adress and cover story. A Polish plate I'm guessing would be best? No tickets from cameras? No ANPR readings?......but.....if you got caught.....theres alot trouble?
Just some ideas for discussion..... ____________________ Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:33 - 19 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The bird shit story would be plausible as long as the rest of the bike is also covered in shit. Even then, you'll just get pulled and told to clean your plate. It'd need some big bird shits to cover several letters on your plate.
Foreign plates sounds like it'd be too much hassle, you'd have to have your story worked out properly. More trouble than it's worth IMO.
Removing your plate is a better option I reckon. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dextersaurus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dextersaurus World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:54 - 19 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dunc wrote: | or number three....
don't be an arse on the road where the police patrol, and stay taxed, MOT'd and insured, and you'll never get pulled... Ever. |
I am taxed tested and insured.
I have 6 points from my van driving days, and live in a town that has a mobile speed van that finds a new crazy place to park every other day.
I usually see him, or am travelling at legal speeds when I see him, but one day, I might not, and if something I do might help me, then I might consider it.
The foreign plate, I'll admit, I probably don't have the balls to do, it was just an idea....now the bird shat.....I am tempted. ____________________ Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:02 - 19 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dunc wrote: |
don't be an arse on the road where the police patrol, and stay taxed, MOT'd and insured, and you'll never get pulled... Ever. |
Wrong, I would say - I've done that and been 'pulled' (okay, my brake light was out, think I'd knocked the wire when I put a lock under the seat.)
There was some posts about the MCN 'protest' ride a while ago, protesting about the police people 'pulling' bikers for no reason at all.
They very rarely seem to have police up the road these days Ste.
If you are pulled with a polish plate and obviously English, I can see them checking the frame number with the DVLA, presuming they can.
Wonder if TPO on other bikes covers you to ride an actually-foreign bike.
In spain, English vehicles still have to be MOT'd and Taxed... of course the Spanish police generally don't know if you printed them off yourself the other day! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dextersaurus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dextersaurus World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:21 - 19 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
come to think of it actually, i got pulled for looking at a police car
Then i got pulled for 60 in a 40.... on a CG
Fair enough, i'd just rip the plate off tbh, just carry it in your jacket with a snapped bolt and tell them someone clipped you and it snapped off.
tis what i did.
But someone did actually clip me and it snapped off...
Dunc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dibble |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dibble Scooby Slapper
Joined: 17 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:56 - 20 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just keep the speed down on the dual carriage ways, and in the 30 limits. You'll be fine.
Then go stupid fast on the country roads if you so wish. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| and |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 and World Chat Champion
Joined: 26 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| robbieguy2003 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 robbieguy2003 World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Mar 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|