|
|
| Author |
Message |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Trylski |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trylski Scooby Slapper
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:02 - 18 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its simmilar to Oblivion, Two worlds or Fable. There is a set story BUT you can explore the world, do other side missions before doing the main missions. Its mostly FPS styled. I wouldn't exactly called them challenges or puzzles... More like an FPS RPG. Most FPS's force you to head in a single direction to follow the mission. Fallout lets you attack from any angle or find other routes into buildings.
Fawkes is awesome btw  ____________________ Current Bike: Suzuki Bandit N600 '99,
- CBT: Passed 02/2008 - Theory : Passed 24/02/09 Test: Passed 09/03/09 - 2011 33bhp over |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:24 - 19 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fallout 3 is amazing.
Basically you start off as a child, and learn how to play the game. After 30mins or so you leave the tutorial bit, and are basically left to do what you wish.
If you want to hunt down the main quest - you can. I actually stumbled upon a later main quest - which meant I jumped forward earlier quests.
If you get bored of this, you can hunt out other missions, help people out, become the President of a town, decide the fate of settlements, collect scraps to build your own weapons, make friends who will fight alongside you......basically, play it how you want to....if you don't get 20 hours out of it, I would be VERY suprised.
Get it, one of the best gaming experiences ever IMO. ____________________ Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:41 - 19 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| t121anf wrote: | hmmm doesn't really sound like my cup of tea.
i thought i like "on rails" games but after playing some on the wii i decided they are too restrictive, on playing COD i was impressed, last FPS shooter I played was Wolfenstein years ago and I hated the puzzle aspect of walking about trying door after door in hope of finding your way. |
I thought the same when I watched my brother playing Oblivion when I was doing coursework, so I'd see him sit there fore 5-6 hours at a time, wondering what the hell the appeal was because it didn't look that great.
When he buggered back off to the Navy, I picked up the controller and thought "see what all the fuss is about". I was hooked. It wasn't until 60+ hours of gameplay later that I realized I'd levelled up too much to complete the main mission and gave up
.....(oblivion has some shitty system where if you levelled up the enemies became harder to match you level but this meant that if you left it too long the main mission was virtually impossible to complete and effectively you had the best chance of completing the main mission when you were at level 1, which is gash really, but I digress.....),
however, those were 60 hours well entertained and engaged.
Fallout 3 is good as well, but I completed the main game quite quickly and then was too busy to have the time to play it more, and over time lost the feel for it so I think I'd have to start from the beginning to get back into it and remember the story etc.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:30 - 19 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
From what i've seen of Fallout 3 I'm not too keen, I havent yet played it, and I will probably buy it regardless when I get round to it because i'm a massive fallout nut. I enjoyed Oblivion until I got sick of the stupid levelling system and Fallout 3 is made with the same engine by the same people.
I completed Fallout 1 for the first time last year, and it is now probably one of my favourite games ever, having never been in to RPG's before, never caught on to baldurs gate or neverwinter nights. It takes a fair investment of time to get going, not as pick up and play as Fallout 3 i'd imagine (I originally picked up fallout about 5 years ago, and dismissed it after 20 minutes because I didn't understand RPG's and didnt read the manual).
I'm approx half way through fallout 2 at the moment, i've probably put more hours into it than 1 already as its much larger and much more difficult to get going, but its also much more bugged, feels much more patched together with a less cohesive story lines, and too many areas are just rehashed from the first game. So it feels less epic and less enjoyable, but considering it was released only a year after the first I guess you couldn't expect perfection.
Fallout 3 is NOT what the fans of the first two games were waiting for, which is why there is such a massive opinion divide over it between the younger, instant gratification shiny graphics xbox360 generation who thought fallout 3 was the best thing ever, and the older geeky more hardcore pc role playing types who were expecting more of the same from 3 as the first two games.
| Quote: | S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is amazing.
30km square of free roaming. |
Not so sure on amazing, but I havent invested enough time in it yet maybe.
It's definately buggy (though I havent patched a thing yet, got fed up trying to find out concise version information), and the fact that the massive free roaming idea is broken up into 1km square (approx?) chunks with barbed wire bounderies it kind of kills the illusion.
All the games mentioned are definately gems in their own way, but they all have massive flaws which you need to get past to fully enjoy them.
I can't wait until they release something along these lines without a massive achilles heel. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:29 - 21 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20081112.jpg ____________________ "That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:54 - 21 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dr. DaveJPS |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dr. DaveJPS World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:27 - 23 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
picked up the GOTY edition today (had the standard (off t'net)) but thought i'd pay for this one. the DLC disc auto load is the biggest pile of wank ever, it's just taken half an hour to start the install the main disk had finished by then
not happy ____________________ "intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|