|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mongman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mongman Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 26 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob W |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob W World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:47 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
You picked the right user name.
 ____________________ '90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:59 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Doh!
I didnt let my bike warm up properly the other day, I pulled the choke in and it cut out while I was heading downhill towards some traffic lights. I pulled the choke out, hit the start, more choke, hit start and I could hear someone beeping at me. The bike started to I looked round ready to give whichever bastard it was a piece of my mind.... And realised that when I pulled the choke I covered the horn on my own bike up and honked at myself. I felt like a right wally.
Does that make you feel any better? ____________________ Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mongman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mongman Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 26 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:14 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
And now you've gone and told a national forum.  ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BanditJeff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BanditJeff Trackday Trickster
Joined: 24 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| keyser soze |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 keyser soze Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neil. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neil. World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:01 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I forgot to turn my fuel tap on during my test! Cue a loss of power a few yards up the road and me fumbling around the tank whilst negotiating a junction with the examiner right behind me. Passed the test with 2 minors (which were not related to that).  ____________________ CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:36 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Quality
On my training I pressed the horn instead of the indicator and my instructor and the other learner turned round to see what it was, I was so embarrassed I turned around as well pretending it was someone else behind me  ____________________ Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neil. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neil. World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayy Mr. Ponzi
Joined: 08 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:49 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've done the same thing at a set of lights after filtering my way up to the front and I must of caught the switch as the lights changed, que all the cars beeping at me whilst I sat there trying to start it.
I pushed it to the side of the road and was checking it over for about 15 minutes, had the tank off checking the spark plug. I was going to ring my breakdown but I though, I'm only 2 miles from my house, I could get there by pushing it quicker. I pushed the fucker 2 miles home and had my mate come out to look at it the next day and he looked at it and just pressed the kill switch and started it first time.
Happens to the best of us  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ghost |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ghost Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 28 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:03 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have to say I've never understood this, as soon as I push the starter button and nothing happens I just automatically check the kill switch straight after.
Maybe I'll be the next to do it, who knows  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mongman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mongman Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 26 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:07 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
there's a big club ghost. pride and fall you know  ____________________ previous: '02 honda nsr, '89 kawasaki zxr 750 h1
current: '09 zzr 1400 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Serendipity |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Serendipity World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:09 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I occasionally fold my mirrors in to get through an especially tight squeeze while filtering. On one such occasion I reached the front of the queue just as the lights went green leading onto an empty bit of dual carriageway. As I sped away I straightened the left mirror, clutched for a gear change then reached across with my left hand to unfold the right mirror....
…eek! Complete loss of power!
Coasted to a stop thinking I’d seized the engine (The fact that it obviously hadn’t seized as the engine had continued to turn over did NOT occur to me at the time). Luckily I realised I’d just flicked the kill switch after a few minutes of pondering my next move. ____________________ 2007 CBF1000 & 2016 CBF1000F - Commuter heaven | 1994 CBR600FR - Awaiting defibrillation |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| teabag |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 teabag Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 18 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:51 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Reading about fuel taps got me thinking, anyone actually turn theirs off. Not when riding but in general?
I don't, can't see the reason unless i'm removing the tank.
Pat ____________________ Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:53 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did manage to chuck the S4 up the road about 2 minutes 30 into my first ride of the season because forgot to scrub the tyres in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BtBowGyGQg ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:05 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Immensely Large Bits wrote: | Reading about fuel taps got me thinking, anyone actually turn theirs off. Not when riding  but in general?
I don't, can't see the reason unless i'm removing the tank.
Pat |
Having had an XS chop go up at the side of the road, yes. If I'm on a bike with a manual tap then it gets turned off when I park up. Having said that, it's been a hell of a long time since I saw a manual (ie non-vacuum) tap on a bike. ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:27 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh shit
I never knew what scrubbing in tyres was all about, now I do. Any damage? Hope not because last time I saw it it was sweet! ____________________ Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:53 - 08 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| rac3r wrote: |
Oh shit
I never knew what scrubbing in tyres was all about, now I do. Any damage? Hope not because last time I saw it it was sweet! |
I got extremely lucky, done an engine casing and the crash bung, total cost to get it mint again £47+vat + whatever a single R&G bung costs also need new oil. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Curtmeister |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Curtmeister Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Mar 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:07 - 09 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thats shit luck that fella hope your ok like. What do you do if you have new tyres? ____________________ Bikes: 54 Reg Gilera DNA50 > V Reg Kawasaki BN125 Eliminator > P Reg Suzuki Bandit N600 > 57 Reg Suzuki Bandit 650
Cages: 58 Reg Vauxhall Corsa 1.25 CDTI |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob W |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob W World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ditto |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ditto Nearly there...

Joined: 26 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|