|
|
| Author |
Message |
| greenhornet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 greenhornet Derestricted Danger
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| js |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 js Nova Slayer

Joined: 07 Feb 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| greenhornet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 greenhornet Derestricted Danger
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:22 - 17 Jul 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:11 - 17 Jul 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Gunk degreaser dissolves sticker adhesive. I took a safety advice sticker off the tank of the Bandit with it just the other day.
I originally tried using the hairdryer method and a plastic scraper/spatula, but the tank started to get worryingly hot, so I had to stop.
I then tried some Gunk (engine/oil degreaser), and found that it dissolved the advesive residue in a matter of about 20 seconds.
There is a warning on the can to test on an inconspicuous area in case of fading, but I didn't see that until after I'd rubbed it in
Thankfully it wasn't a problem though, I just made sure the area was wetted and washed thoroughly as soon as the adhesive was taken off  ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Serendipity |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Serendipity World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 17 Jul 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used a hair dryer and white spirit too. I had a 15 year old tank pad that left it’s backing behind and that combination got the job done.
In fact the hair dryer wasn’t producing enough heat so I ended up with a 3kw fan heater on the seat blowing over the tank.
I would avoid the nail varnish remover if I were you. That’s normally acetone based and could possibly munch through the lacquer and paint. ____________________ 2007 CBF1000 & 2016 CBF1000F - Commuter heaven | 1994 CBR600FR - Awaiting defibrillation |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:45 - 17 Jul 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
WD40 sprayed on and a little elbow grease will shift the residue nicely. ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ed Case |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ed Case World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Mar 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rob c |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rob c Nova Slayer
Joined: 15 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| greenhornet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 greenhornet Derestricted Danger
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|