|
|
| Author |
Message |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:23 - 21 Mar 2010 Post subject: Final Fantasy XIII |
 |
|
Or as I call it Press X to Win, They have simplified it far to much you only control 1 character and you have very few options on it.
The characters are infuriating a bunch of children. One charcter declares herself to be a mother (she looks about 14) by the line 'Moms are tough' It's OK she dies.
The graphics are amazing everything else irritates me about it. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lllN30lll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lllN30lll World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:36 - 21 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not many, maybe 2, all this talk of heros is making me angry.
It just seems far too simple at the moment I can't see any form of leveling up. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lllN30lll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lllN30lll World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:56 - 21 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I haven't picked up FFXIII yet, but if you like the genre and want a real treat then give Tales of Vesperia a try. I'm utterly smitten with this game  ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:30 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Blame the choice of putting it on a shitsixty
*fire proof hat & cape on*
Only kidding fanbois  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:00 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did say kidding
I heard it was crap too.
TBF, I only played 12 which I thoroughly enjoyed.  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:18 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't really comment on how good/bad it is but I enjoyed it a lot, and so did my friends who loved all the other ones. Their favourite is 7 too.  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:27 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
7 is by far the best of any the ones I have played. Which is pretty much all of them apart from XI, XII and XIII.  ____________________ MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:22 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well I'm going to reveal a slight spoiler so look away if you like but I think it will encourage you to play more
Wait until your characters get to Pulse, that chapter is where the game really started for me, you end up in a massive area (think Calm Lands from FFX but bigger...) and you can free roam to your hearts content. You can also start the first optional quest which is the Mark Hunting.
Vanille has to be the most annoying character ever, her whiny little fucking voice nearly made me snap the disc in half...and then her battle noises, is she on the verge of orgasm or what? seriously annoying...so I see where you're coming from.
And as for press X and win, just wait until the real boss battles start, without changing paradigm and using your buffs and debuffs there's no way in hell you will win just by pressing X.
It helps if you don't see the game as a FF and just see it as a stand alone Action/RPG old school JRPGs are dead unfortunately. I can't wait to try out Tales of Vesperia. ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Philious |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Philious Brolly Dolly
Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TomCB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TomCB Scooby Slapper
Joined: 04 Dec 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:07 - 27 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | I read on twitter the other day that Square Enix are looking at the possiblity of remaking Final Fantasy 7 for the next gen consoles. |
It would be interesting, but hasn't that rumour been around for ages?
And i'm sure they officialy quashed it at least once.
[EDIT] Seems they are considering again, guess they aren't making enough money from the shit they are peddling.
https://play.tm/news/29595/square-enix-mulling-ffvii-remake/
I reckon they would fuck it up, as none of the original characters spoke and they would have to find voices. Which probably wouldn't meet your expectations.
https://play.tm/news/29163/square-enix-talk-final-fantasy-vii-remake/
That says only if they could make it in less than a year, I think that given the length of time required for similar games, that it would be rather difficult to do that, and would be lacking.
I wonder how long the resident evil game took to remake for the gamecube, and that was probably 1/32 the size of final fantasy if not smaller than that.
I think 7 is fine the way it is, because they don't speak. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:12 - 27 Mar 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Since I started playing original CRPG's in earnest a few years ago(Fallout, Arcanum and Planescape Torment being the holy trinity). A long time after I first started playing Final Fantasy, Grandia and other such things...
JRPG's seem to be seriously lacking in depth and freedom and I just can't tolerate them any more.
They are made for a completely different culture than ours, and there are very specific reasons they are the way they are, but I would recommend checking out some proper computer RPG's if you are after a bit more depth.
 ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:41 - 02 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII
I love Yahtzee.
I've never played FF games, and never want to. Anything with "turned based combat" can suck my balls. Why take the interesting bit out of the user hands?
lalalalalalalalalalala ____________________ Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:20 - 02 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Can't say I'm a big fan of turn based combat either, bu FFXII is a different type. It's not turn based, but depending how many enemies are (quite a lot) it can slow down and go to "turn based". Otherwise it depends on your weapon and your characters speed.
I do love when your group hit one thing all at the same time and just drops dead.
Can't say anything for FFXIII but the ones before FFXII were turn based as far as I know. ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:18 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just got this through lovefilm (I neglected shelling out 30+ bucks near release due to this thread ) and I am every bit as disappointed as I imagined I would be. I loved 7, 8, 9 and even 12 and I liked 10 in a mild, yet loyal way. I like the earlier titles too, but it's hard to get into them on emulators after playing 7 and above (DS remakes were a good idea IMO.)
I thought 12s reinvention of the battle system was a step in the right direction, so naturally Squeenix had to balls this one up. So very, very glad I never paid for this title. Will stick it out to the end and then lob that game that TSurfer recommended on my lovefilm list.
The magic found on the PSone games is long gone in my sad opinion. I often wonder about getting eternal sunshined and re-finding my love with these games (and maybe do the missus as well and go back to a newcar smell relationship ). ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|