|
|
| Author |
Message |
| SamJL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SamJL Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:01 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: Better insurance quote? |
 |
|
Hello!
Sorry for starting a thread that has been done 100's of times.
The company I'm with now for my bike insurance and my motor trade insurance have stopped doing bike insurance. They can get a trade policy with motorbike insurance on it, but then if anything happens I only get trade value for my bike, which I really don't want! I've looked Go-Compare, Confused, and The Bike Insurer, and up to now, the best quote I have is £855 Fully comp through the bike insurer. That was with KGM through Performance Direct.
My details are:
2009 CBR1000RR
25 Year old male
2 Years continuous riding
2 Years NCB
8 Years car NCB
So basically I just want to find a quote that is cheaper then £855 but don't know where to look
Thanks, Sam ____________________ 2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RussG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RussG Scooby Slapper

Joined: 14 Sep 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:11 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used quidco and swinton, i got a total of £57 off my quote, have a look
But make sure you go through quidco's link! ____________________ Geek, father, biker |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
A lot of people posted bad reviews about Bennets previously, but I had no problems with them in the past.
More recently I've switched to MCE insurance and had a noticeable drop in my premiums, even though I was swapping from a 1991 GPZ to a 2003 Bandit ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SamJL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SamJL Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:54 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bennetts want £1400 and MCE want £1760
Performance Direct are now £837, so working out by far the cheapest up to now! ____________________ 2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:22 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
You have used all the compare sites so unless there are some direct co's that don't feature then you have found the cheapest.
Only way here is get a bike mag and start phoning the names in the back..
Guess in the end you may spend even more £ to save a few £
Would echo the quidco usage.
But when I did my last quote via a comparison site (used quidco there to get £1.50 ) I found that the cheapest was also on quidco. Bennets.
So off and did a direct quote..... Came back nearly double the compare quote....
So took the link via compare and saved a few bob  ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:55 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
OT: kinda.
Well after getting 35(ish) quotes i have managed to shave £4 off.
Even adding a full thatcham..locked in a garage on an iceberg couldn't reduce it. £68 comp with £0 vol £150 compul.
That's on a CB250.
Quote for my next bike which is worth 4x the value of the CB and is 3x more powerful is £100.
Good luck with the hunting Sam.
Pat ____________________ Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| .Bishbash. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 .Bishbash. World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:59 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you tried Tesco Bike insurance? I have found them to be a great compare website for me. Got FC for 225 for my R1 and I am only 3 years older than you  ____________________ Current bike - GSX-R1000 k8 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SamJL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SamJL Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got bored of getting quotes and just went with Performance Direct!
Can't see me getting much cheaper anyway, £837 doesn't seem to bad. I was only paying £1000 last year though, at 24 years old, with onle 1 NCB, so I was expecting a serious drop in premium, but it seems its not such a serious drop! I can still get it on my trade policy but I really didn't want to only get trade value for the bike if it was stolen or written off! ____________________ 2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swiftb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swiftb World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:59 - 06 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
bike insurer tends to turn out the best quotes ive always found so your probably right in saying you wont get it much cheaper.
Its a lot but when you consider you only have 2yrs riding and the cost of replacing the bike is prob 7.5-8k plus it doesnt seem 'too' bad. I hate insurance and having to pay it and the fact its mainly a rip off, but from the brokers point of view - they would see a 25yr old with 2yrs riding, on a pretty much brand new/expensive powerful bike very risky. I suppose £800 odd quid to potentially replace a 7k plus bike aint so hard to take.
Probably another 2yrs riding and the cost would be half that so keep collecting those ncbs  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bob007 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bob007 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 07 Sep 2010 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayy Mr. Ponzi
Joined: 08 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SamJL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SamJL Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:27 - 07 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Express Insurance want £1300 for the CBR
Performance Direct who I've gone with are still the cheapest. £837 FC, Commuting included, pillions, mod's declared, protected no claims!
The thing is, I will probably be PX'ing the bike within the next few months, so hopefully they will be cheap on other bikes as well! ____________________ 2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kwaks |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kwaks I'm not a fast rider

Joined: 28 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|