|
|
| Author |
Message |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:24 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: on winning the lottery.... |
 |
|
I know it seems a really tired, pub-crawl question, "what would you do..." but I think it is useful for actually determining underlining values given that most profess (wrongly, as it happens) that a lack of money is limiting their progress in life.
Whenever I read of lotto winners, they always seem like cunts: lottery wins are wasted on lottery winners, it appears. It always also seems to go to the losers. You know the sort - they go back to work or some such thinking that this is somehow virtuous - and you're left thinking, "what a cunt", give it to someone who might actually do somesphinx with it. Most people haven't a clue beyond a "holiday and a new car" - which shows a really quite stunted attitude.
I can't say I know what I should do with millions. I don't think it would actually be as good a thing as most expect. After all, the very fabric of this society is based on earning money - and then spending it in small doses. If you have millions, you are almost an outcast from the essence of the age that you live in as you no longer need to lift a finger. This isn't entirely a good thing: it's like reaching the finish line of a marathon in a helicopter. It's a bit dispiriting because the fun was meant to to be in the race itself, not in the mere fact of touching home. If you can have anything, maybe most things lose their value altogether...
So what would you do, if your numbers came up tonight (£80m). I can honesty say I don't know what I'd do. I mean, once you've got the ferrari and the big house, these things would be boring after a month - and you've still got 79 million left.
Once you've toured the world, do you do it again, every year? Ideas on how to spend a fortune, please. ____________________ no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nai |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nai World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cammy mack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cammy mack Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 25 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:41 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
buy a big house with an even bigger garage. fill said garage with various bikes/cars
start a family with teh missus
destroy my liver with booze and die on the toilet in an elvis stylee
job done
 ____________________ Yamaha Tdm850
Yamaha fz6 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pablouk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pablouk Trackday Trickster

Joined: 18 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Poseidon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Poseidon World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Will_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Will_ World Chat Champion
Joined: 16 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:54 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Misc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Misc World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:26 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hand on heart, I would not spend a penny on myself. Sure, I'd spend a bit on those who I care for but no more than perhaps paying off their mortgage. I fully believe that we are the legacy that we leave behind; nothing more, nothing less.
I want for lots but need for nothing.
I don't need for my 10k debts to be cleared, nor to have a better bike than my XJ600n. I can manage those myself through just plain hard work. I'd look to spend the money wisely on sorting out other peoples basic needs; in both the developed and developing world.
And no, I ain't trying to win Miss Uk.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Frost |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| scorps |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 scorps World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jan 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:46 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: . |
 |
|
Instigator Im sorry if I dont believe you
Id make sure my youngest could set up a state of the art tattoo studio and have a nice home,
id make sure my eldest daughter was sorted too.
Id buy a nice home with lots of land for my rescued animals to wander about in and dole loads out to my favourite causes.
My biggy would be to hire a select crack team of divers who would sneak up on whaling and sealing ships with limpet mines and sink the fucking lot of them.
last but not least a vigilante team of snipers to take out pedos/murders etc on their way out of the prison gates and then Id waste the rest  ____________________ Do not presume that I am male. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:49 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wouoldnt move, I must be one of the few poeple that would stay in the same house she is in ! I would invest and buy some houses and renht them out. I love where I live. I would buy some crap for it, tv, loads of nice stuff and dec the place out. Car go on hols. put some away for kids. Live comfortably.  ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blau Zedong |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Blau Zedong Banned

Joined: 26 Jun 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:55 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Spain for me. Canaries most likely. Year round sun and warmth, not too hot. Relax.
If I won an obscene amount, possibly invest unwisely in a BSB or Superstock/Sport team. I'd love to own a restaurant, but that might be a bit much like hard work. Or an investment in a gym. That would be cool. I'd need to stay thoroughly motivated to work off all the good food and wine I'd be eating.
The possibilities are endless. I'd probably just disappear for 6 months and like the life of Riley, rent a big villa somewhere in the sun until we'd decided what we were gonna do.
Likelihood is I'd just quit work so I didn't have to get up at 6am anymore and remain as tight as a Yorkshire gnat's chuff...mine, mine I tell you, all mine... ____________________ Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rastamantingt... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rastamantingt... L Plate Warrior
Joined: 01 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 21:22 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pits |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pits World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carvel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carvel World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:25 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dude your weird
GTFO ____________________ 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R, Cbr600Fs, Mk1 B12, Vfr400 NC30...
Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:28 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have 2 plans; both of which cancel each other out so would be rather complicated.
Option 1: Go travelling alone (major travelling - I am talking the whole world here mrgreen: ).
Would be so easy to do as well when you have an unlimited supply of money. Either by bike, car, planes (probably not though), trains, just whatever takes your fancy. Only thing I would take with me would be a camera.
Would love to send postcards back home from where ever I was in the world. Just travel to a new place every day and get a hotel for the night or whatever - there is so many places I really want to go in the world and it will never be possible without a lottery win. And basically just 'live' your life a day at a time and enjoy it.
*** An addition part of this plan would be that I wouldn't tell a single soul that I had won the lottery and just 'go missing'. (Not even tell my girlfriend that I had won the lotto and was going travelling). The first that anyone would know where I was would be when a postcard drops through their door.
^^^ I have actually given this a lot of thought before. Just need to win the damn thing now.
Option 2: Buy a house with and a big garage and fill it will all sorts of cars and bikes, etc. (Although nothing like Ferraris, Lambos though - I mean simple stuff that can be worked on - as a hobby). And never have to worry about paying bills, etc. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rastamantingt... |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Rastamantingt... L Plate Warrior
Joined: 01 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nai |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nai World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rastamantingt... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rastamantingt... L Plate Warrior
Joined: 01 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 21:41 - 01 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I answer the mans question and get abuse shouted at me, then mi reply and give 'im some of mi mind and me get raped in a blood clart karma war. awhadeerasssss. ____________________ A WHO DI BUMBACLOT DEH PON MY PHONE? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|