|
|
| Author |
Message |
| SaneDave |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SaneDave L Plate Warrior
Joined: 22 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 11:29 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: Newbie, just done CBT... |
 |
|
I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks and decided it was about time I said hello, so;
Hello there!
A bit about me; I've wanted to bike for years, but when I was younger my parents said no, then I got my car licence and sort of forgot about it. That was 13 years ago. More recently, I'd been thinking about it again and talked about it with my wife. Having both turned 30 recently I think we must be having some kind of early mid-life crisis, the upshot of which is we decided to get out there and start riding. Annoyingly, my wife's work means she managed to do her CBT within a few days, and immediately bought herself a bike (a bargain 500mile '59' plate Suzuki gn125h). I couldn't arrange spare time until yesterday. Anyway, got though it without a problem, and can definitely say I'm going to enjoy this.
I used Phoenix motorcycle training whos Romsey branch is run by a guy called Dave Spicer. I would definitely recommend. I was a bit worried while I was doing the initial off road manoeuvres, but once on the road it all fell into place. Great fun, even on a 125 it was fun opening it up a bit! Can't wait to get some practice in and then moving on to something bigger.....
Cheers,
Dave |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paxovasa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paxovasa World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:35 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello and welcome
Take it easy on them thar roads  ____________________ Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnspeedySam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnspeedySam World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:44 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Welcome to the world of biking, and BCF! You're pretty local to me; I'm in Southampton. When you get a bike maybe we can meet up for a small bikes rideout  ____________________ Riding: BMW R1150RT `02 bought mildly crashed
Fixing: Also the BMW as I get less broken bits
Gone: ZZR600 '00, TRX850 '97, RXS100 '93, JS125-6B '07, BMW R1100RS '93, Kawasaki ZX-6R-J2 '01, Honda Bros NT400 NC25 '88 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gray84 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gray84 World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:48 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
welcome mate. its nice when a husband and wife start biking..next best thing to swinging
what sort of bike you thinking of having? ____________________ Road bike - 2002 YAMAHA R6(SOLD) 2008 YAMAHA R1(SOLD) 2007 APRILIA SXV 550(SOLD) 2007 SUZUKI GSXR 600
Dirt bike - 1989 HONDA CR80sw(SOLD) 1996 YAMAHA YZ125(SOLD) 2006 yamaha yz250(SOLD) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SaneDave |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SaneDave L Plate Warrior
Joined: 22 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 12:08 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the welcome!
Where abouts in Southampton? I work in Chandlers Ford, and used to live in Lordshill. I used to cycle to work which was ~5miles, but now i live just at the top of the New Forest so more like 25miles. I used to love cycling, so this seemed like a perfect replacement to do my commute!
We've got friends who bike as a couple, one as a life long biker and his other half did her CBT 6months or so ago. He might be lending me a bike, then we can all bike together. So, yeah, not far off with the swinging comment
Dave |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnspeedySam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnspeedySam World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:43 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| SaneDave wrote: | Where abouts in Southampton? I work in Chandlers Ford, and used to live in Lordshill. I used to cycle to work which was ~5miles, but now i live just at the top of the New Forest so more like 25miles. I used to love cycling, so this seemed like a perfect replacement to do my commute! |
I'm living in Highfield at the moment as I'm a student at the University. Hope you get a bike sorted out soon, I had to wait 3 months after my CBT; it was torture! ____________________ Riding: BMW R1150RT `02 bought mildly crashed
Fixing: Also the BMW as I get less broken bits
Gone: ZZR600 '00, TRX850 '97, RXS100 '93, JS125-6B '07, BMW R1100RS '93, Kawasaki ZX-6R-J2 '01, Honda Bros NT400 NC25 '88 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nai |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nai World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello and welcome! I got my bike on a mid life crisis too, your not alone!
Now get into the South East sub forum, open the tag thread, go for a ride with the missus, and pull the tag east a bit  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| aaronb74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 aaronb74 Crazy Courier

Joined: 05 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:04 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ello and welcome  ____________________ Current bike - 2006 ZX6R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pinkyfloyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pinkyfloyd Super Spammer

Joined: 20 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:49 - 31 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Welcome to the forum and life on 2 wheels.  ____________________ illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Crystal Tipps |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Crystal Tipps Nova Slayer

Joined: 17 May 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ashman86 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ashman86 Derestricted Danger

Joined: 17 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:51 - 02 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Welcome mate,
I used Pheonix too but in Chippenham, great guys i thought...even though one of there bike threw me off!  ____________________ Motorcycles! For Everyone Else There Is Therapy
Suzuki Bandit GSF600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stonesie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stonesie World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:40 - 02 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello and welcome, be careful out there as this time of year sees slippery roads and car drivers more dopey than usual... You will love it though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SaneDave |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SaneDave L Plate Warrior
Joined: 22 Oct 2010 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|