Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fallout: New Vegas

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 14 Oct 2010    Post subject: Fallout: New Vegas Reply with quote

Has anyone pre-ordered it? The hardcore mode looks brilliant.
Wheres best and cheapest to pre-order from, i forgot the site someone posted up where Halo reach was like £5 cheaper than anywhere else.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 14 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest I've seen so far is shopto.net which is <£35 delivered.
The tend to deliver early if you pre-order too.
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 26 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this on saturday, and I'm less than impressed. It's basically a massive expansion pack for F3 that doesn't seem to really offer anything new. I knew this would be the case, but I thought it would draw me in a bit more than it has (played for about 9 hours so far).

It's also buggy as fcuk.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skatefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:04 - 27 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You almost sound half supprised its buggy haha...

-Jvr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 27 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine crash a hand full of times to start with but I just bought a new graphics card, I like it yes it is a addon to fallout essentially but it was only £29 (PC) I love fallout and am impressed with it, I bought fallout 3 again too (had it on PS3 but DL'd it on PC for the DLC) Only £12 for Fallout 3 plus all expansions Thumbs Up
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

herulach
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 27 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty impressed so far. The story is somewhat more compelling that the first, and the world seems a lot more fully realised. Much better for being a smaller map as well IMO.

Gave up on hardcore mode after about an hour. Am going to replay it on that though, should be excellent once you're 100% on the crafting recipes.
____________________
YBR 125>FZS600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm quite a bit through "got the platinum chip" anyways. I'm trying to do all the side missions, for some reason Bethesda have done what the did with FO3 and make it so oyu can finish the missions if you complete the game, morons Doh!.

I belive having a companion is a big thing in the game, I did find Boon, but heard of another bug which basically means you can't do any of the Legion side missions if you recruit him.

I recently Stumbled upon Black Mountain while carrying out some jobs for the brotherhood of steel. Despite several attempts I got my ass handed to me leaving me to flea as the only option.

Its odd I havn't found the core story line that interesting compared to FO3, although it has got better the more you uncover.
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about this game.
I have think it's just an expansion, and the other half thinks it's just what GTA does.


Maybe i'll get it, but I won't get it now, I'll get it once it's down to 1/3 of the origional price plus expansion packs like FO3 Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:28 - 02 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent gotten it yet, I really want it though but funds...
I keep playin FO3 i just cant stop, the dart gun is my fave with the chinese stealth suit, you just don't need anything else as i like the sneak approach, i did enjoy just going in guns blazing but its so much easier to pick them off one by one.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you still fire a rocket into a humans face & cause no injury? or has that element of the game been changed for the more 'realistic' approach? Don't mind either way as i really enjoyed FO3, on second play though, the above pissed me off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the first and only play through. It's riddled with bugs and crashes almost every session, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Glad i didn't pay £40 for it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

butterob
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:01 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing for nearly 20 hours and have barely scratched the surface! Hardcore mode isn't as hard as you think unless you like going in guns blazing!

Although there have been a few bugs, especially the rising gun glitch, It hasn't crashed once for me! Playing on an Xbox 360 btw.

If you liked the first you will like this one.

Mr. Green
____________________
j1 zx6r in green
g2 zx6r trackbike Trackdays done: Mallory park, Brands Hatch Indy, Snetterton 300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only glitch I have found is one merchant crashes when you try to buy cards from him on the PC version other than that it is fine.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crashed twice on me so far (Xbox360) I lost about 20 mins gameplay the 1st time, about 1 min the second. I've been plaing for a good few hours so not too bad.

I have 186,000 caps due to the glitch with caps/chips in the casinos before they patched it, it really doesn't help that much, I've got a lot of stuff but you can only carry so much.

I've stopped doing the main quests, doing the side missions for my companion and the factions. I hate the NCR, love taking out those guys. I dislike the the legion but want to do Ceasars side missions first. Love the brotherhood and Boomers.

Havn't met the Kahns yet, though they calready hate me due to me sneak attacking a few with my rebar club when the took some guys hostage.

Fuck those flying insects, they're right cunts!
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:


Fuck those flying insects, they're right cunts!



Hate deathclaws more!
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way, just take out the death claws leg and its a pussy cat. Those Cazadores come in swarms, hard to hit out of VAT's and do a hell of a lot of damage!
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy it in a few months I think.


I did with FO3, and I got the GOTY so all in with just over a tenner. Taliho!
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 05 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the best place to buy weapon upgrades?
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 05 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to hard to come by, Gun runners is an obvious one, the first town you start in the shop owner has a varmit sniper scope. Everything else I've just seemed to be pick up on the way.

Remember they will be in the "misc" section of the shop.

Had an epic battle with the NCR, at some point a few days ago they randomly came up to me threatening that if I didin't start showing the NCR some respect they would come and get me.

Yesterday that acted on this promise.

3 powerful NCR dudes turn up and all hell breaks lose, we just so happened to be in the middle of a giant ant shin dig, so there was me my companion a couple of massive fire ant soldiers and 3 beefed up NCR soldiers. At some point som fuel tanker exploaded all hell was breaking lose, my companion was knocked unconsiouss and these NCR guys were badass.

After a hell of alot of ammo and a good does of Stimpack application I was left standing.

Loot time, I even got some NCR power armour, although it was worse than the armor I was wearing. No worries, its all stashed in my Safe at the Dino motel Very Happy
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.16 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 105.13 Kb