|
|
| Author |
Message |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:08 - 17 Nov 2010 Post subject: Weather forecast/crystal ball... |
 |
|
I'm re-doing my Mod 1 on 10th December. Anyone know what the weather's likely to be like in South Yorkshire? I'm considering cancelling and rebooking for the spring as I don't fancy the 40 mile round trip to the test centre on the bike if it's going to be as cold as it is at the minute. It will be further compounded by the fact that I'll have just come back from two weeks in the Canaries, so I'll be totally frozen having been acclimatised to warmth for a bit. I don't know what to do. MTFU probably.
I'll think I'll ride through in the winter gloves I have difficulty riding in and take my thinner gloves to wear for the test for better feel.
Any thoughts? Yeah yeah, MTFU, I know...
EDIT. Just checked accuweather. Looks like it might warm up a bit come early December. Fingers crossed. ____________________ Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stonesie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stonesie World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:34 - 17 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gone Nearly there...
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blurredman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blurredman World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:42 - 17 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I rebooked my mod1 as soon as I failed and It was freezing on the day. But I won't be doing MOD2 until the spring at the earliest. It's going to be so much more enjoyable in the sun IMO.
There's no emediate rush, however much you want those L's gone, I'm still gonna be riding the same bike for some time after so although It would be cool not to have them, The end of the day, don't be putting yourself out of your way to do it in the freezing cold of all type of weather.  ____________________ CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|