|
|
| Author |
Message |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: First proper off! |
 |
|
I was riding from work to uni on Friday, taking the first exit from a roundabout, so I am meant to be in the left hand lane, just as I come off the exit I hear a loud horn, my arse drops, I sped up and next thing I know a great, big fuck off wagon is next to me, part in my lane, part in the right and cuts in to my lane again, as he does this he clips my bars and send me kissing the concrete, I felt like the pope!
I get up and the cheeky fucker tries to tell me that I am at fault, for not getting out of his way! Luckily I have two witnesses that will testify against the prick!
So for my troubles I have a bike I can't ride, some cracked ribs, road rash and whiplash etc. What a lovely little early Birthday pressie! Myt hemet is going on a plinth, I think I love it! ____________________ If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would fart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:37 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: Re: First proper off! |
 |
|
| superdaaan wrote: | I was riding from work to uni on Friday, taking the first exit from a roundabout, so I am meant to be in the left hand lane, just as I come off the exit I hear a loud horn, my arse drops, I sped up and next thing I know a great, big fuck off wagon is next to me, part in my lane, part in the right and cuts in to my lane again, as he does this he clips my bars and send me kissing the concrete, I felt like the pope!
I get up and the cheeky fucker tries to tell me that I am at fault, for not getting out of his way! Luckily I have two witnesses that will testify against the prick!
So for my troubles I have a bike I can't ride, some cracked ribs, road rash and whiplash etc. What a lovely little early Birthday pressie! Myt hemet is going on a plinth, I think I love it! |
Sucks mate.
Bruised my ribs last tuesday from a crash in the ice, sneezing is hell, enjoy! Important thing is that you have all of your bits still attached and are in one piece, hope you recover quickly.
Obligatory paint diagram with google maps is a must  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:34 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, my bad there.
I have two witnesses to say it wasn't my fault (independent - no relatives), and the accident happened by the car wash if you follow maps round to Park Parade, so a fair distance. He was going too fast, and wanted me out of the way. ____________________ If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would fart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:41 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww13/danielmarkpearson/Accident.png
the accident happened where the red marker is. So I've built up speed and I'm well away from the roundabout by then. Irrespective of which he should be in the right hand lane anyway. ____________________ If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would fart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:44 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sue the cnut for everything he's got, then sue him some more until you own his grandkids. Try this lot for starters.
Every scrap of damage to your bike, your gear, your watch, phone, whiplash, physio, and psychological distress.
Make sure you're reported it to the rozzers, and ask them whether they'll be charging him for careless or dangerous driving.
It's good news that you're not badly injured, but his next victim might not be so lucky. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| salty21 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 salty21 World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:07 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Rogerborg wrote: | Sue the cnut for everything he's got, then sue him some more until you own his grandkids. Try this lot for starters.
Every scrap of damage to your bike, your gear, your watch, phone, whiplash, physio, and psychological distress.
Make sure you're reported it to the rozzers, and ask them whether they'll be charging him for careless or dangerous driving.
It's good news that you're not badly injured, but his next victim might not be so lucky. |
i understand why you would want to make him pay. Problem is, that kind of ever increasing mentality is why insurance is getting more and more expensive for everyone.
Its fair enough to claim for the bike and gear, but if the injury you sustained isnt going to prohibit you from working and earning, then just put it down to bad luck, ya know, like they did for years before all this claiming and suing mallarky took off.
not directly aimed at anyone here, just my general opinion. I really dont agree with all this compensation jive and would only ever claim myself if it actually had a serious impact on my life, not just cuts and grazes. ____________________ 04 NSR 125(sold) ---- 03 CBR 600rr(sold) ----90 pan euro ST1100 ' ' ----02 CG 125
94 CB400 Super Four ---- 2000 VTR SP1 (sold) ---- 08 ninja p8f(sold, meh) ----05 CBR600rr  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 2wheelsteve |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 2wheelsteve Spanner Monkey

Joined: 05 Feb 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:38 - 22 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good to hear your up and walking. shit that must have been a scare, life saver would have helped you recon or not, keep smiling  ____________________ Ride Safe |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:38 - 23 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm not the 'claiming' type, however in this case he acted in negligent manner that could have cost me my life. As it goes I'm not going to pursue a charge of dangerous driving, like my witnesses want me too, as I feel it was a genuine mistake, I won't say accident, as that sound like something that was unavoidable - this was totally avoidable!
He overtook me in two lanes, even though the right hand lane was free and if I had not braked when he weas along side me I would have clipped the wagon further up, and could have gone underneath the wheels, just because he was in a rush?!
I genuinely had trouble sleeping after thinking about it properly last night and my ribs are causing me major discomfort. My gear is fucked and my bike needs repair. I think I do deserve some compensation for that!
Worst bit is I lost my Omega watch in the accident, I'm probably not gonna get anything for that as I don't have the receipt (it was a present for my 18th, I'm now 27) I'm fucking gutted!!! ____________________ If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would fart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Xdwardo500 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Xdwardo500 Nova Slayer

Joined: 19 Aug 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| truslack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 truslack World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Apr 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:52 - 23 Nov 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Should have worked out he was a dickhead when he cut across the top of the roundabout  ____________________ Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
Last edited by truslack on 11:57 - 23 Nov 2010; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superdaaan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superdaaan Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Xdwardo500 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Xdwardo500 Nova Slayer

Joined: 19 Aug 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|