Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New (small) bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 02 Jan 2011    Post subject: New (small) bike Reply with quote

A 2010 Super Stomp z140.

140cc 4 stroke single. Has an uprated cam, and should put out around 14bhp.

Plan is to put some supermoto tyres on it, and go ragging it around the local go kart track.

https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/images/vehicle_1271.JPG
https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/images/vehicle_1272.JPG
https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/images/vehicle_1269.JPG
https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/images/vehicle_1270.JPG

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

steven843
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 04 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of kit Razz , how do you find it compared to a motocross bike in terms of of playing on a track, is it as up to it etc? Also what suspension mods work best with it?
____________________
Current Bike - 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Previous Bikes - 2002 Honda NSR125 R, 1989 Yamaha DT50 MX
CBT Passed - 5-5-2007 A2 Passed - 17-11-2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 05 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've barely used this to be honest, but size wise it's not stupidly small like a mini-moto feels. Shock wise you can fit r6 shocks from an 02 bike onwards, mine's had an updated shock put on after the last one died of death.

It doesn't really compare to a full size mx bike, but for the money, ease of transport and general fun, I don't think you beat it really. Especially for the price of uprated parts and the low cost of racing them.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 05 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

and YOU took the mick out of ME for selling the Gas Gas and buying an RD350...? Wink
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 05 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
and YOU took the mick out of ME for selling the Gas Gas and buying an RD350...? Wink


I don't recall mickey taking, I remember slight disappointment that there would be no more off-road playing though!

I swapped this for my 1989 Kawasaki KX125 motocross bike, it was quite rough around the edges, was obviously 20 years old. I had stripped it down and done a decent restoration on it, but it was always going to be a 20 year old highly strung MX bike, and I don't have much passion for motocross.

If I didn't have my Husqvarna I probably wouldn't have done it, the Husky is just probably more capable in every way, and it's more suited to enduros which is what I want to get into really.

The KX I got two years ago, swapped it for a GS500 I had (shit-heap). I think the GS cost me about £600.

I suspect the KX would have held its value far better than this ever will, but I think their values at the time of the swap is about exactly right. And it's what I want at the moment, so I thought why not.

I have had a pitbike before, and I've always kicked myself for not using it, but at that point in my life I didn't have the place to store it, or the mode of transport to get it anywhere, now I have both so I hope I get into it a bit more.

But this little bike seems spot on from what I've looked at so far. Just in the process of trying to procure a second set of 10" whees, so I can fit supermoto tyres whilst still keeping my off road wheels for play-time.

Then maybe a third set of wheels for full race wets. Twisted Evil

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 05 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like it would be alot of fun Thumbs Up
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 55.78 Kb