Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


PSN - Problems (PS3... Obviously)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 17 Jan 2011    Post subject: PSN - Problems (PS3... Obviously) Reply with quote

Ello. I finally managed to buy a PS3 the other month. Connected to the internet and then signed in, or tried to, with my e-mail address and password that I set up ages ago on my friend's PS3 like a couple of years back or so.

It says I can't because it's a sub account and I need permission from the master account holder... which I'm guessing is my friends. However he hasn't had anything come up on his system or actually say anything at any point.

So I made up a new e-mail address and PSN account. Tried to use that and it said I can't use someone else's account?! I set it up on the computer and then tried to login on the PS3...


Normally I wouldn't mind and just use a new name on the PS3 but I'm jut thinking of all my game saves etc.

I can't go on the PSN on the comp because I still need permission....


WTF can I do?!
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Syris the Indomitable
Crazy Courier



Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 17 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you restore the ps3 system"(I should imagine this will be a factory restore), It will delete the previous owners account so you can log with your own?
____________________
In Greek mythology Ichor is what immortals have in the place of blood
Those that mind, don't matter...Those that matter, don't mind. Do you agree with this?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 17 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err... It will probably delete all my game saves too?

And there was no previous owner on my PS3. Brand new.

It was my friend's PS3 that I logged in on. And it's been made into a sub account?

Garrrr. Fucks sake.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a quick google it appears you can't move sub accounts to master accounts.

I suggest trying to delete the sub account and starting again. You can copy your game saves to a pen drie if you press triangle on them.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:26 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's the thing... I can't seem to find anywhere to delete them. I've been to the PSN website but I still can't log on as it needs the master accounts permission. FFS.

What about trophies? I'm not too bothered... but kinda want them Laughing
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:15 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sony I guess, but if you go0ogle it a few people have the same problme and they haven't had any joy.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. So stupily complicated for something so friggin simple!
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 55.97 Kb