Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Like or No Like?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:54 - 28 Jan 2011    Post subject: Like or No Like? Reply with quote

The new PAGANI HUAYRA

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23070

First the name is just... Laughing I think it looks a bit crap, I prefer the Zonda. But the engine specs on this one seem awesome!
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Normal" people will never afford them anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CarlosCBR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt look too dis-similar to the Zonda, which i love. So, me like.
____________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPv5mDPQ14

https://www.facebook.com/carl.simmonds.7
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 6.0 litre twin turbo V12, pushing out 700 - 730bhp - what's not to like about it??

(Just to contradict myself, the only thing i don't like is the name, it sounds like an illness. "Ethel's back in hospital, her Huayra's playing up again. She's a martyr to it, bless 'er".)
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:25 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnomnomnom

That is all.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hockeystorm65
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! Massive spec and no doubt massive performance. I must admit, despite enjoing my 2 wheeled life I do miss my old 4 wheeled gals!

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/Hockeystorm65/Blue1995GR03s.jpg

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/Hockeystorm65/nsx.jpg

However, despite their looks, neither of them were as quick as my CBF600...although luggage capacity was better!
____________________
Good judgement comes from experience.....experience comes from bad judgement!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok, not as nice as the Zonda. I'm sure it'll be mental in every way. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Honda is a beauty. Thumbs Up
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hockeystorm65
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

...she was....(sob) Sad Sad Sad
____________________
Good judgement comes from experience.....experience comes from bad judgement!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockeystorm65 wrote:


https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/Hockeystorm65/nsx.jpg

However, despite their looks, neither of them were as quick as my CBF600...although luggage capacity was better!


No bike is worth giving up an NSX for!!!

I have only ever seen one on the road and it's from my area. There's a lot of people with too much money in my area. It seems like every car you see is merc, bmw, audi or porsche (I'm talking about the good ones). Then there's the lambos, bentleys etc. None of them really with much thought and more of a status symbol.

I always think of the guy with the NSX as a bit of a rebel standing out from the rest. I mean, lets be honest here, who wants to spend 20k+ on a Honda?

Every clueless person wants a prestiege name with a new numberplate and to improve their status. It's nice to see people going for something different.

(to be clear I can appreciate certain prestiege badged cars, but it has nothing to do with status or the badge.)

I would love an NSX one day, although I wouldn't buy one because I doubt it would live up to my expectations.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

david_m213 wrote:

I would love an NSX one day, although I wouldn't buy one because I doubt it would live up to my expectations.


So what, you want one for free? Laughing Mind you, don't we all!

Doesn't look that different from the Zonda imo, which I like Smile
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is cool looking car... The thing I don't like are all the extra wheels..
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer the Zonda F

https://www.pagani-zonda.org/images/pagani_zonda_f_price_2.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Honda NSX is just that, the different way to go about things! especially in places like cheshire where they will happily spunk the best part of 80k on a range rover every 18 months. Real cool is more then money. Thumbs Up

Not the quickest thing in the world or the best looking and just like a delta intergrale turbo (in red) I would have sex with all manner of wrong things to own.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 29 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockeystorm65 wrote:
...she was....(sob) Sad Sad Sad


so what were the nsx and the fto like to own ? both cars im a bit interested in
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled up next to a Zonda at he lights a few weeks back. Even on tick over it sounded sweet. Chatted with the owner who said he had just got a new job and could afford one!!!!

I want his job!

I was turning off the road into my street i heard him give it a bit of the beans, i spaffed in my pants.


What? no CSB Pic?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hockeystorm65
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Hockeystorm65 wrote:
...she was....(sob) Sad Sad Sad


so what were the nsx and the fto like to own ? both cars im a bit interested in


Both were great fun but completely different. Firstly, I am 45 so bear in mind the insurance for them becomes much more bearable for this kind of ce after you turn 40. I didn't have the first one until I was 36.

On balance, I think I miss the FTO more as it was the more useable car on a daily basis. 40mpg if you drive it quietly!!!! It was also more suted to UK roads. Yes the NSX was fun and looked terrific but despite wanting one since they came out in 1991, when I finally got my hands on one the novelty of driving a spaceship around soon wore off! Don't get me wrong, it is an outstanding performer...on the track! In reality, UK roads don't let you experience that many of the good bits and you do have to live with the downsides - cost to run, cost to repair, fear of leaving it parked in town, lack of carrying capacity, poor visibility (when you are stuck in traffic you are lower than a low thing on a low day!). As great sportscar, the NSX is massively underrated and as has already been said, the badge is a big part of that. It is like SAGA running 18-30 holidays, the brand doesn't quite do it.

Over the 3 years I had the NSX it cost me around £3k in tyres, maintenance and tinkering (although there is not much you can tinker with unless you want to spend a LOT of money) and I lost another £3 on the sale from what I paid for it. However, for that kind of car, those numbers are pretty good from what I can work out. Also as a 'K' plate '92 mine was the 270BHP version 3.0 not the later 3.2 300BHP which is more saught after. Also, as a rear wheel drive with big tyres, it was sh*te in anything approaching frost! Even the mid engine weight didn't sort that out........living in Glasgow, as I was at the time, that was a serious consideration!

Although much more of a compromise, the FTO was was an easier car to live with. It had 210bhp and despite various modifications to others I have seen, unless you do a powertrain conversion on it you won't get much more than that onto the road! It was just over 6 seconds to 60 as opposed to the Honda's just under (later versions were faster than mine supposedly by about a second).

The FTO parts were a lot cheaper, as long as you ordered the part equivalent from other models and not walk into a Mitsy dealership and say I'm looking for ........ for an FTO...in those cases they tripled the price and told you it had to come from Japan! (bollox by the way).

The FTO was also more fun on the backroads as you could thow it around more. The NSX had buckets of grip up to the limit then none.....had a few underwear changes sitting in the right hand lane facing oncoming traffic with that feature!

The FTO was cheaper to own all round, at least 30mpg (unless it was playtime) and it qualified for car allowance with my employer at the time as it was a 2+2 rather than a 2 seater and I made £1k on the sale inbetween. It also won best in show standard category at the 2005 FTO Owners Club National meet. Sold the FTO in 2007 and now drive a Volvo!!!!!!!

Both a completely different to the experience of a bike ("no shit Sherlock"...I know!) and as such neither of them are an alternative, even my 'old man' Honda is faster than both.

If the opportunity arose now, I would have another FTO but wouldn't buy another NSX....but then as I said two cups of coffee ago, I am 45! Very Happy
____________________
Good judgement comes from experience.....experience comes from bad judgement!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 100.26 Kb