|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:34 - 11 Mar 2011 Post subject: Right, some travel advice from the more experienced bods... |
 |
|
Currently I'm sat in Thailand, I have 6 months left on my Thai visa (and work is piss easy to get here) so I have a refuge of sorts.
Current plan, after a wee holiday, is to get work in Taiwan.
Having got done by this bollocks en route to South Africa of needing a return ticket to prove you will leave the country (what about if I'm going to swim, dickwads), has anyone got any advice?
As far as I can make out, I automatically get a 30 day visa to Taiwan on arrival... but I'm assuming I also have to have proof of exit.... Which (assuming I get a job) I'll then cancel.
How the fudge do I manage to do that cheaply? Both Taiwan and the flights are looking more expensive than I originally planned.
The alternative is to already get a tourist visa from the Taiwanese embassy (if Bangkok has one that is :S), but I still think proof of exit is required...
Any tips? ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:48 - 11 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | Starts from 10th of March 2009, the new visa waiver policy allows current British passport holders to enter Taiwan for business or being a tourist for 90 days as long as their passports are valid more than 6 months.
Also they can extend their stay in Taiwan for another further 90 days before the initial 90 days visa free policy runs out. |
Better
But;
| Quote: | .A passport with validity of at least six months upon entry .
.Visa-exempt entry is only applicable to formal passports, not including emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
.Japanese Citizens are entitled to hold passports with validity of at least three months, under the same requirements, unless otherwise stipulated by treaty or agreement)
.A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
.No criminal record or not listed by the local authorities. |
____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 16 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Any advice guys, going to the 'embassy' on Friday, looking pretty, but without anything booked yet.
Going to see what I can wrangle....
Money is fairly short (or at least tight), so I don't want to just piss in the wind. If I can get a cheap sea-ferry ticket or something, maybe that would be better.
Hmmm, gay... total gay. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| weasley |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 weasley World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:37 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Go there, get work, get visa.
Or.
Go there, don't get work, go somewhere else.
I'm sure I'll be ok.
Much as I love third-hand gossip about the evils of Taiwan and how I'll be getting my ring piece tickled by immigration...
Clanger, that's a pretty swish idea actually. Will have to have a quick check of the visa regs for Hong Kong.
Robby. I am oriental super man. I'm sure I'll cope. The Taiwanese/Chinese just take a dim view of sex tourism. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|