|
|
| Author |
Message |
| 0l0dom0l0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0l0dom0l0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Oct 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:58 - 15 Apr 2011 Post subject: ACU Gold Sticker For Helmets |
 |
|
I've got an X Lite X602 which is fully ACU approved etc, but it doesn't have the gold sticker on. I'm doing my first track session on Tuesday.
Do they check, or will they know that it's ACU approved? Not really sure how it works.
Any help is much appreciated  ____________________ CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.
Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:26 - 15 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can buy the stickers. Have a look on eBay. ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0l0dom0l0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0l0dom0l0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Oct 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0l0dom0l0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0l0dom0l0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Oct 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:55 - 15 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right I have ordered one.
I'm not hopeful it will get here on Monday though.
I can't peel them off either.
I'm going to check the box, and also go down to HG where I bought the helmet from to see if they have one spare.
Failing that, can I still take that helmet, or will I need to take a different one with the sticker on?
I don't know how fussy they are going to be. Can I take a print out from a web page saying it is ACU approved and that the helmet never had a sticker on it when I bought it? ____________________ CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.
Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:05 - 15 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Personally, I wouldn't risk ruining my session by only having a non-compliant lid. Take the lid but take a compliant one too. ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Old Git Racing |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Old Git Racing World Chat Champion
Joined: 08 Aug 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:59 - 17 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had the same thing from J&S (different lit mind) ... they simply got one posted to me ...
HG might keep some behind the counter, but I suspect it will be a post it to you job ... which is no real help to you ... give them a ring before dismissing the idea though
I have never had my lid checked at a public trackday ... ever ... ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0l0dom0l0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0l0dom0l0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Oct 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:25 - 17 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm going to pop over to them tomorrow and ask.
I have one on order from the internet, which was posted Saturday, so all going well it should get here tomorrow.
Will keep you all posted, thanks very much for all the help! ____________________ CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.
Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|