Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project Rieju Mrx 125/250

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 16:55 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will sell for fuck all cos no one will want to insure it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gamble
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:03 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Declare it as a 250 and you'll take away pretty much any value it will have, the only reason it'll fetch as decent price as it is now is because someone on a CBT can insure it (although illegally).

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:30 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well fuck value this is a project Shocked

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 19:20 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:
I agree with you mike but when i'm finished it's not going to be "an illegal, mongrel of clapped out unpopular bike with an even less common, chinese motor"

Not to YOU, but any-one else, wont be whats on the log book, wont conform to any known 'standard' mix & match of unknown bits from obscure manufacturers, and in general an complete unknown quantity.
Doesn't matter how WELL you build this mongrel, it's still a mongrel, and you wont get pedigree money for it, no matter how 'nice' a mongrel it is.
Lipsmoker wrote:
Oh well fuck value this is a project Shocked

Value of building specials is the pleasure you get from building them & using them.
to any-one else, its 'value' is rated against what else does the same job, or costs the same money.
Look at snowie's 'Pup'.
Two and a half grands worth of parts and materials have gone into building that bike, and it's NOT far from 'standard'.
Its a calalogue spec Honda CB125, a known brand, popular model, well renovated with LOADS of new parts, all in the right places, painted up to showroom standard, with a few 'accessories' like the heated grips and engine bars chucked in. If Snowie put that bike up on e-bay, she'd be LUCKY to get much over a grand for it....
She certainly wouldn't get what it's cost her to build, becouse people would simply look at it and think, Nice, BUT, for that money I can have a brand new CBF125 with a warranty, and probably get the dealers to chuck in some heated grips......
I have an air cooled DT125, which, probably is about as learner illegal as your creation, with a 175 barel on it. Probably makes as much power, too, and is lighter, and a known quantity, with all parts available off the shelf, and NO question about welds and engine mounts, or anything.
DT125LC, any of them made since 1983, properly de restricted, make as much power, and are as learner illegal, but exactly as show-room spec, parts available, and no questions. As other "t 125 dirt bikes.
Yours might get brownie points for being 'as fast' as a de-restricted DT.... but ultimately its NOT a de restricted DT... its a mongrel, of unpopular Spanish make frame and cycle parts with uncommon Chinese engine in it... and a LOT of question marks.
Having paid what was it, £480 for it, I don't know what the overhaul has set you back, but I would doubt you'd realistically cover your costs, building it for sale, hence, do tests on hire bike, make it legit, and ride the value out of it as a 'special'.. because it IS special, you built it... but its ONLY special top YOU, because you are the only one that has built it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:46 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well It's cost me around £30 so far and i'm almost finished
it will be on the road for a total of £600 including tax and Mot
and thanks for the tips mike very informative. Thumbs Up

Not much to do now, will update soon.

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 20:57 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignoring the fact that your committing insurance fraud and not riding in accordance with your licence...

your also committing tax fraud.

now, insurance and licence is a bit 'meh' who cares, but if you get caught for that, you'll also get done for tax fraud, hmrc make the gestapo look like softies, if you try and 'steal' from them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:05 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
ignoring the fact that your committing insurance fraud and not riding in accordance with your licence...

your also committing tax fraud.

now, insurance and licence is a bit 'meh' who cares, but if you get caught for that, you'll also get done for tax fraud, hmrc make the gestapo look like softies, if you try and 'steal' from them.

Yeah i know how it works mike has explained to me on a appropriate thread about this theres no need to hijack a thread telling me something i already know.
Neutral

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:31 - 09 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:
Yeah i know how it works mike has explained to me on a appropriate thread about this theres no need to hijack a thread telling me something i already know. Neutral

Oi! Calm down lippy! That thread is gawd knows how many pages long burried over on work-shop! CH15, ent to know you already know, & He's hardly hi-jacking the thread. & it IS pertinant to any-one ELSE reading THIS thread, even though YOU might already know it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 10 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Lipsmoker wrote:
Yeah i know how it works mike has explained to me on a appropriate thread about this theres no need to hijack a thread telling me something i already know. Neutral

Oi! Calm down lippy! That thread is gawd knows how many pages long burried over on work-shop! CH15, ent to know you already know, & He's hardly hi-jacking the thread. & it IS pertinant to any-one ELSE reading THIS thread, even though YOU might already know it!

Maybe he's copped the arse with being repeatedly told what a bad boy he is, how he'll burn in hell and his bike is a worthless piece of old tat?

It's a bit like my Mum keeps telling me to give up smoking; after 30 years of it, I feel like telling her to eff off every once in a while.

The truth is, none of us really knows what it's worth, because someone might read his 'for sale' advert and like the look of it, after all, the conversion seems to have been done to a fairly high standard.

Hell, a couple of weeks ago I watched some Ebay mug pay nearly 700 quid for a non running, incomplete, 30 year old TS250 Surprised

I was hoping to pick it up for a couple of hundred (because that's what I considered it's value to be) but the seller found the right buyer and bloody good luck to them both.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:36 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear Engine bolts here so got all the Bolts to put it all right need my step dads drill to drill out the old holes because the bolts are pretty fat once that's done the engine will be in/carb set up ill put a video up giving it a blast down my back road (it's a private road) then its all tarting it up from then on.

Smile

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:23 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Mounts drilled out and test fitted the arm, Perfect Smile
also sorted the exhaust fitting out.
Just got to paint the arm maybe tonight or tomorrow and get it bolted up.

Pics soon
Very Happy

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:54 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabricated engine mount Primed

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249422_1861582857689_1184473155_31781541_670201_n.jpg

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252871_1861583097695_1184473155_31781542_5389561_n.jpg

Engine sitting nice
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252937_1861586097770_1184473155_31781550_2427966_n.jpg

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260539_1861583297700_1184473155_31781543_3765119_n.jpg

By the way its not got a great big dent in it, Well it has but it's been done on purpose so the exhaust pipe doesn't catch the mount it's had a bar welded inside for support.

Gonna buy a spacer for the rear then set the engine up
Very Happy

Oh and this is what the bar used to look like
https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230982_1794085450296_1184473155_31691452_4663747_n.jpg

Gives the engine so much more support now

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253746_1861584777737_1184473155_31781547_7841092_n.jpg

Cheers.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:44 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom Battery box is being put in today so i can sort out all the wiring

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:14 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys having some thoughts about the engine, CCM are still up and running and you can buy from them.
https://www.ccm-motorcycles.com

My Engine is Supposedly the CCM CRX230

https://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/ccmmotorcycles/images/stories/2010-c-xr230.jpg

Okay so it's different.. Completely different!

Similarities
Same style engine as mine

Differences
It's Silver
the engine casings are Different different

Take a look at the CCM rl 125

https://www.bikez.com/pictures/ccm/2010/30965_0_1_4_rl%20125_Image%20credits%20-%20CCM.jpg

My Engine
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247644_1823094975516_1184473155_31727679_4802475_n.jpg

There is differences, You can see

The Oil window on mine is lower than the RL
The CCM cover is removable on mine
The engines the wrong color

Getting cheesed off not knowing what engine this is, Just gonna Remove the head and bore x stroke to get the Capacity.

If it comes up as a 230/250 then i don't know what the hell it is, it looks different to ccm's 230 and almost the same as ccm's 125.. Anyone shed any light? Confused

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 19:14 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would spunk my pants with ironic delight if that turned out to be a 125 motor.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 19:21 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would spunk my pants with ironic delight if that turned out to be a 125 motor.

+1

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

+2

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:24 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it means i'm legal well still not legal because the engine change would still need declaring regardless of the Capacity right?

Ill find out the CC Smile

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know Very Happy The capacity is Pi/4 x Bore^2 x stroke

Very Happy To be fair, looks like you've done a good job! Isnt the cc usually stamped on the engine barrels?

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:09 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
Just so you know Very Happy The capacity is Pi/4 x Bore^2 x stroke

Thanks for the formula mate never done it before and you can never trust Google to tell you how to do something.

Triumph1300
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 07:57 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

errm, capacity calculation, isn't it -

pi * (bore radius)squared = Area

Volume is then area * stroke.

and do it all in cm not mm, otherwise confusion really rules!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like an OHV Honda engine clone. I'm not aware of Honda making 200cc+ versions of the OHV CG style engine, which is i think where the original basis of your engine came from. The CG engine and it's derivatives were available as bigger capacity engines, and alot of the chinese replica versions seem to be available as 150-180cc engines. I'd be suprised if assuming your engine is a CG based OHV style lump, that it's a genuine 200cc+ capacity.

I hope it is though, as after all the work you have done on making up decent engine mounts, support cradles etc, it would be a bit of waste and embarrasing if your 250cc engine swap ends up being a much smaller engine than you first thought?

All the best with it anway, it's just a shame you couldn't have found an OHC 200 or 230 version, or even a genuine Honda XR200/250 engine for it, before you did all the engineering to get it to fit.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:57 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

All the best with it anway, it's just a shame you couldn't have found an OHC 200 or 230 version, or even a genuine Honda XR200/250 engine for it, before you did all the engineering to get it to fit.

Thanks for the comment mate, I know it would have been good to get a genuine Honda engine for it but i plan to ride it for a little then do my test and get something bigger and legal maybe a Drz400.
I'm in love with Supermoto style bikes Comfy Grunty and the Mechanics side seems to be easier than a Sports bike.

I guess it does suck that it could only be a 125 but at the end of the day i enjoy doing it i know I'm going to enjoy riding it and i know it's safe and legal.

Just built another box to house the electrics will get some pics up soon

Thumbs Up

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:00 - 20 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiosity got the better of me today and while the electrics are all done i tighten up all the engine bolts and tested for a spark there is a nice bright blue one Very Happy

Now just going to get the exhaust and carb back on and set her up!
Thumbs Up

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:13 - 22 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after i had that spark i put all the carb on then i didn't have a spark.
went over all the connections and changed some and got a spark just put the carb and fuel tank on and kicked her over nothing compression is very high and very hard to kick at tdc charged the battery up pulled the choke out and she fired on the button just wanted to make sure everything was good really she idle'd at what sounds like 8,000 rpm lol with no exhaust not good for a cold engine so turned it off instantly.

Then decided i was going to sort all the loom out wrap it up properly not bodged with black electrical tape like it is now, took the carb off ready to catch the fuel there's nothing in there?

Nothing in the pipe to the carb from the tank either.
There's petrol in the tank and tried it on reserve and ON nothing i think the second it ran was just unburnt fuel in the engine itself the carb was sucking air.

Going to sort out the loom Get everything back on then look at this carb problem last Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13