|
|
| Author |
Message |
| L-Jam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 L-Jam World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:16 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: OMGWTFBBQ |
 |
|
Following on from the insurance thread, a case of OMGWTFBBQ has arrived. SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN BCF!!!!
Doing some random quotes late at night for the banter, this is what happened. I am miffed and excited to the max.
Bike I originally wanted to insure
ZX636R Ninja £900
To renew my insurance with current bike
CBR600F £700, up £200 from last year
Bikes that were obviously going to be lower
Monster 620 S IE 618cc £327
Triumph Street Triple £282
And now this is where I said out loud "What the shit stain".
KTM Superduke 990cc £322!
GSXR 600cc k6 £947
Now this is where it really got ridiculous
GSXR 750cc k6 £307!
GSXR 750cc K5 £2000?
What the hell? Basically the insurance companies have decided not to insure people my age (19) with three years no claims on 600cc supersports, but WILL happily insure me on a 750? or a 990? For a third of the price?
WTF?
Also LOL! I am now on a new bike hunt, this has literally blown my mind, fuck a 636 if I can get a 750 gixxer! But not a K5? Lol WTF seriously... ____________________ Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
Last edited by L-Jam on 01:28 - 27 May 2011; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:27 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: Re: OMGWTFBBQ |
 |
|
| L-Jam wrote: | Following on from the insurance thread, a case of OMGWTFBBQ has arrived. SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN BCF!!!!
Doing some random quotes late at night for the banter, this is what happened. I am miffed and excited to the max.
Bike I originally wanted to insure
 ZX636R Ninja £900
To renew my insurance with current bike
 CBR600F £700, up £200 from last year
Bikes that were obviously going to be lower
 Monster 620 S IE 618cc £327
 Triumph Street Triple £282
And now this is where I said out loud "What the shit stain".
 KTM Superduke 990cc £322!
 GSXR 600cc k6 £947
Now this is where it really got ridiculous
 GSXR 750cc k6 £307!
What the hell? Basically the insurance companies have decided not to insure people my age (19) with three years no claims on 600cc supersports, but WILL happily insure me on a 750? or a 990? For a third of the price?
WTF?
Also LOL! I am now on a new bike hunt, this has literally blown my mind, fuck a 636 if I can get a 750 gixxer! |
What you didnt know this? Thats why i got myself a 1000 when i was 20 to save on all the bullshit. ____________________ Haz ER-5, innit! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| L-Jam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 L-Jam World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:37 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've got to be honest I didn't think insurance prices were quite so sporadic... I hope the quotes don't disappear and suddenly jump though, This has got me buzzing! ____________________ Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kal9001 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kal9001 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:00 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive recently "lost" my CBR600RR after an accident. My fault sadly, but
I figure plastics are too much to repair so they wrote it off. I got more back from it then i could have sold it for which I guess is okay...ish. The thing ate fuel anyway!
But to the point...I tried getting quotes for the exact same bike (this was before I had been told it was a write off) with the accident declared as a fault claim, RTA involving another vehicle I put down a claim value of £20000 as a ...figure as I have no idea about this kind of thing.
So fully comp valued at £5000 on the same 600 that I just smashed up with the accident reported and I put ZERO no claims as I didnt know I only lost 2 off what I have so I just put none.
Quoted with the same company for £480, The quote before the accident was £290...fair enough I was quite pleased that the accident didnt seem to have killed my quotes completely.
Looking at get a CBF125 as a commuter as its supposed to have nice MPG value 2500, 2 years NCB, previous accident exactly same as before....fully comp....
You can see where this is going.....
£499......................
WTF!?!?!
So a bike with less than 1/4 the engine capacity, about 1/8th the power output, half the value, plus two extra years NCB costs £19 MORE to insure..........
Dont even get me started on a CBR125...1 horse more, value 900 more....quotes are in the 8-900 range!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!! ____________________ Anyone stupid enough to think we will drag a load of wooden horses full of soldiers into our city is certanley stupid enough to drag all of ours into theirs! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:06 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
When you put OMGWTFBBQ I assumed it was about the BBQ happening in July
Like one I held last year.
Dissapointed. ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| heehaw |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 heehaw Nova Slayer

Joined: 09 Jan 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ingah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ingah World Chat Champion
Joined: 10 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RichieZX6R |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RichieZX6R Nearly there...

Joined: 15 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chalky. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chalky. World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Aikman666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Aikman666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:37 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was pretty suprised at getting quoted £158 to insure my Hornet600 this year - Being 21 with only 1 years NCB. I would assume the insurance companies class my bike as a commuter - If they acctually saw it they would realise its far from it  ____________________ Will work for petrol
My Design Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:39 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dr. DaveJPS |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dr. DaveJPS World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:37 - 27 May 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
plus a superduke has a lot less unobainuim plastic and thus even if you do bin it you'll do less (cost price) damage ____________________ "intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jimbothe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jimbothe World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| L-Jam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 L-Jam World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|