Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Backing up/Archiving Facebook

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:35 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Backing up/Archiving Facebook Reply with quote

Ok, so I've done the standard facebook archive thing, which is just shite except for saving all my pictures and comments.

How do I save ALL my statuses (and only statuses) since I opened my account?

Any of you wizards know that one?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:24 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done that "request all my data on Bookface" option that they were forced to implement a year or two ago? I thought statuses were in the file they send you for that.

When did you get your custom title? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Have you done that "request all my data on Bookface" option that they were forced to implement a year or two ago? I thought statuses were in the file they send you for that.

When did you get your custom title? Laughing


Erm, I just did the Account setting > Download a copy of your data... It's got ALL stuff from my wall, for all of about 3 months... then it stops.

Yet there are plenty of apps on facebook that trawl ALL your statuses (to check for swearing, who you mention most, etc)... so just curious if anyone knows any to get a copy of all statuses and status comments... For research on my memoirs, so to speak Laughing

As for the status, I was very worried about money in HaNoi, and an Ozzy bird 'helped me out' in return for a few services.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
Erm, I just did the Account setting > Download a copy of your data

Hmm, I thought that was supposed to download everything, dunno then.

You got sex and money, double win Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mehty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Have you done that "request all my data on Bookface" option that they were forced to implement a year or two ago? I thought statuses were in the file they send you for that.


I asked for that about 4 months ago. Still nothing.

cunts. Evil or Very Mad
____________________
2007 YBR 125 (sold), 2011 ER6-N (sold), LHD 1999 GSX750F (sold), ???Sad???
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pl3ppp wrote:
MarkJ wrote:
Have you done that "request all my data on Bookface" option that they were forced to implement a year or two ago? I thought statuses were in the file they send you for that.


I asked for that about 4 months ago. Still nothing.

cunts. Evil or Very Mad


They email you a link, which you have to click through and put in your password.

On account of it archiving all your messages (in a higgletypigglety fashion annoyingly) so they got itchy about privacy.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 291 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 51.98 Kb