Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


new HT leads and plug caps

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Chris750
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 21 Dec 2011    Post subject: new HT leads and plug caps Reply with quote

The HT leads and spark plug caps for my bike a very old a could realy do with replacing.

The OEM HT lead come as part of the coil packs. But I do not want to have to buy two new coil packs, so am just going to replace the leads and caps.

I am a bit confused as to which caps to get as there are many options. With or without resistors for example.

Does anybody know what cap spec I need?
Also anyone recommend any particalar typre of HT lead?

The bike is a GSXR 750 ws using NGK CR9E plugs.
____________________
Current Rides: GSXR-750 WS, GSXR-1000 K5, KTM EXC 300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Chris750
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 22 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
They're probably all the same but what year is the bike?

This is where I get my caps:-

https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/GSXR_750_G_H/86-87/

You can get HT lead connecters if you have to cut too much off the end of the lead. The ones I've used have been a bit bulky but do the job.

Wemoto should do the lead too.


Mines a 1995 WS.

For the year bike you have put in the link they do them (they even do the whole coil pack fairly cheaply).
But for my year they don't Rolling Eyes

I did try them initially.

Thanks for looking anyway
____________________
Current Rides: GSXR-750 WS, GSXR-1000 K5, KTM EXC 300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:06 - 23 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to replace some ignition lead on some coils recently.The outer insulation had perished and looked tatty.So I bought some sewing needles that are about 35mm long and quite thick and cut two in half.These were then Araldited into the coils where the lead normally exits.Once half set I pushed on some new lead cable and Araldited this into place.Once set I pushed heat shrink onto the new lead and shrank this in place with a hairdrier borrowed for the occasion when the wifes back was turned.

I would suggest four NGK SD05FGA plug caps

https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/files/NGK_Spark_Plug_Covers.pdf
____________________
Just talk bikes.What else is there?

Always have a 'Plan B'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.20 Sec - Server Load: 3.75 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 41.02 Kb