|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:40 - 12 Mar 2012 Post subject: Cleaned my bike today! |
 |
|
Its all shiny!!
I really can't remember the last time I cleaned my SV ... and I ride all year/weathers ... there was a massive build-up of chain lube gunk and associated crud on the rear wheel and swing-arm
It took 6 mins on the jet-wash (local garage) to get the worst off, then lots of paraffin and elbow grease to get to the bottom of it all ...
I even gave the girl a polish ... its all good now!
So, who is guilty of neglecting cleaning duties for long periods of time, then having a 'proper job' go at it like I am? ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:44 - 12 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm not a big cleaner of bikes. I cleaned my XT after Tatters told me off on Saturday
Luckily because I'd ACF-50'd it cleaned up nicely by spraying on more ACF-50 and wiping it with an old towel.
So, be lazy, cover your bike in ACF-50. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| serlant |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 serlant Brolly Dolly
Joined: 06 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tatters |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tatters Exxon Valdez

Joined: 05 Jan 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:13 - 12 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Joe wrote: | I'm not a big cleaner of bikes. I cleaned my XT after Tatters told me off on Saturday
|
It was filthy and rusty, my XC is so clean you could eat off it.  ____________________ Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nick 50 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nick 50 World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jul 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ayrton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ayrton World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:09 - 12 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cleaned my Bandit yesterday. A good jetwashing with a strong solution of TFR/warm water followed 15 mins later by a good jetwashing of fresh water, then a good jetwashing with shampoo/warm water then finally another good jetwashing of fresh water. Then a quick go-over with a chamois.
Looks all spangly now
Also took the bar mitts off. ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Acemastr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Acemastr World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alpha-9 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alpha-9 Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pits |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pits World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:39 - 13 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mikey3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mikey3 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:12 - 13 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
little and often, little and often .
I don't personally use a pressure washer, don't want to damage and seals or anything. Knowing my luck I would.
Mike ____________________ '04 Yamaha WR450F
'99 SV650 Streetfighter Project - mid build
'Motorcycling is about what you do; not about what you own, or how much you spend on it' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:44 - 15 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Rode the bike today and I surprised myself with how clean the clocks were!!
It is a fully fared job too, so it is not like they are directly exposed to start with
I could see out of the mirrors too ... I have wiped with rag many times since last wash, but I think I was getting to the point I was simply smearing crud/road grease around, not truly cleaning anything!!
It looks all shiny ....
It looks all shiny!!  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sulphur |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sulphur Trackday Trickster

Joined: 01 Oct 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:50 - 15 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pics to prove!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EXC-Rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EXC-Rider World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:54 - 15 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to take my CRF apart and give it a deep clean, I striped the bike down to the frame keeping the engine in but no wheels, plastics, handle bars ect. Only did that like once a year at the end of the summer when im not using it ready for next year , ____________________ owned bikes: DR50, Thumpsta 110 , Honda CR85, Speedfight 100, Yamaha XT125X, Honda CRF450, Honda Hornet '07
current bikes: KTM EXC525 AKA the wheelie machine
A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:00 - 15 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I bought the CBR (first bike) I was out there every weekend cleaning it, making it spotless.
Now a year down the line it's more of a "feck it. I could clean it now but it'll get dirty again tomorrow. I'll just leave it."
The next time it sees a sponge will be when I'm taking the for-sale photos!  ____________________ 2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| HD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 HD World Chat Champion
Joined: 16 Dec 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:36 - 15 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had the Derbi for just over a year and it got cleaned twice within a month of owning it and then twice over the year then once properly before I sold it
CBA with cleaning enduro/supermoto style bikes anyway. There are hardly any plastics to get dirty so when you clean it, it pretty much looks the same unless you shine the wheels up which I used to do
Can't see the bandit getting any special treatment either  ____________________ Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flumpy7 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flumpy7 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 31 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:37 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
After replacing the cracked headlamp last week, I kinda got carried away with the rag and WD40. I also might have bought one of these as there's no water in my garage.
https://www.gardenmachinesltd.co.uk/ekmps/shops/garmacltd/images/hozelock-4610-killaspray-pressure-water-sprayer-10ltr-1024-p.gif ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|