Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Adrenalin?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MikeyC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Adrenalin? Reply with quote

Had a very, very near miss yesterday whilst filtering, have you experienced that feeling, its like a mad adrenalin rush, weird, not sure if I like it yet or not? lol Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. A few times.

Generally accompanied with a fit of laughter and a mad grin.
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't do adrenaline at my age it's not good for the heart! Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a fair few times, I like it.
____________________
Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the weirdest sensation I find! usually followed by a mixture of feelings... relief, laughter or sadness lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline is one of the best things about biking. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 03 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a near miss etc I get a "wave" through me from head to toe and I go red hot for a second or two, must be the adrenalin I guess.
____________________
Too skint to buy a bike Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DukeRed
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that myself. When I came off the first thing I did was start laughing.
____________________
Enjoy Life There's Plenty of Time to be Dead
https://www.janoner.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a chemical released by a gland above the kidneys during intense emotional states such as fear and rage, it makes ur heart beat fast Adrenaline stimulates the heart and nervous system, preparing the body for action. Muscles contract, blood pressure and heart beat increase, and the immune and digestive systems shutdown.

i personally like it Razz Very Happy
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: feeling Reply with quote

Does any one else get this????????

If i am having a near miss situation or i can see i am about to.. Then i am REALY CALM and seem to go slow motion and i don't like grab anything . Look for a few solutions ( hedges, soft/ low cars Rolling Eyes, curbs) and take it as it comes.

REmber thinking once
" the front of that bus is going to hurt!!!, humm i can make it around him, but all else fails i am going on his side of the road and up the kurb!!! "
____________________
F'it DO WHAT EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!!!!! Even if it screws over everyone else :p
Titz wrote: "..and my 3rd accident was when this police car....."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey



Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:45 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Re: feeling Reply with quote

Smoto Bob wrote:
Does any one else get this????????

If i am having a near miss situation or i can see i am about to.. Then i am REALY CALM and seem to go slow motion and i don't like grab anything . Look for a few solutions ( hedges, soft/ low cars Rolling Eyes, curbs) and take it as it comes.

REmber thinking once
" the front of that bus is going to hurt!!!, humm i can make it around him, but all else fails i am going on his side of the road and up the kurb!!! "


Yes I get that, now at least. My awareness when riding or driving is pretty much 99% concentrating on what's going on (unless I've got a cheesy tune to silng along to with my ICE Razz). I didn't used to be like that probably how I've adjusted my riding since I got knocked off I suppose.

James
____________________
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:08 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
errr yeah everytim I go for a ride Mr. Green . Im always wheeling overtaking, slding the rear going fast overtaking etc, so my addrenallins on everytime I go out Neutral.

Luke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G1_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the only fun thing about my crash. I was completely relaxed after my crash and joking with the people who stopped (they seemed much more stressed than me). Only problem is that it goes away after a while, luckily be then you've got morphine instead Laughing

Yeah I also got that slow motion thing as I was heading towards the barrier. I even felt pretty relaxed as I was heading towards it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fastpaceinstr...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrenalin can sometimes smell funny if you know what i mean!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Oh yes. A few times.

Generally accompanied with a fit of laughter and a mad grin.


And I thought I was the only one to do this, maybe I'm not mad after all Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:08 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe score. When i went into a tank slapper outside college at about 50 when heavily breaking on some shit surface in just a t shirt EVERYONE saw me breath in like mad. I controled it just but amused myself and everyone afterwards. I have the luxery tho of blacking out in proper crashes, but when its just a near miss i dont even notice at the time i just react and then after i register it. Dunno if thats good or bad but my initial reactions have seemed to hold good sofar (except for assuming hedges are soft at speed... they are not... especially if there is a ruddy great big tree in front of you... and a barbed wire fence. Hurts... alot...
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
G1NGER_one wrote:

Yeah I also got that slow motion thing as I was heading towards the barrier. I even felt pretty relaxed as I was heading towards it.


The slow-mo effect is caused my blood and addrenalin rushing to your head, at "points before death" etc you brian act faster to try and get you out of dieing ie falling down a cliff or out of a tree. This the causes a slow mo effect allowing you make decions quicker. A very good exmple of this was when I fell out of a tree. Evrything went in slow mothion, i saw a branch comming towards me and just grabbed as i feel, and caught it Surprised . Then i got down and started shaking Thumbs Up .

Luke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it at the time, but about 15mins after the rush my hands start to shake violently. Have to stop for a few mins and get something to eat. Hyperglycemia is a bitch!
J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 99.46 Kb