|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mosh86 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mosh86 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sako |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sako World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pigeon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pigeon World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Sep 2012 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Copycat73 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Copycat73 World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mosh86 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mosh86 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _mjs_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _mjs_ Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 23 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:51 - 02 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I always chase them down and give them a fierce bollocking; it just makes me feel better.
In fact, I nearly dragged a Pakistani ice cream van driver through his serving hatch and battered him the other day after he caused me to anchor up... never mind 'watch that child', watch out for the bloke on the motorbike you non-indicating cunt!  ____________________ Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mosh86 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mosh86 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fatpies |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fatpies World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Mar 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Maccydee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Maccydee Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 15 Mar 2012 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Eddie Hitler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Eddie Hitler World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Nov 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:21 - 02 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Reminds me of when a car cut a corner and almost knocked me off. I'm talking years ago. Near where I live there is a corner coming down a hill, that most if not all car drivers cut. Most of the time it's safe to do so, but this twunt never went back to her side of the road. As I saw the car my spider sernses tingled and I hugged the curb, fucking lucky I did as it would have been a head on collision. Being a spotty teenager full of rage I turned around and chased. As I now know, doing this can cause an accident itself. I wasn't thinking straight. Caught up, overtook, and gave a fuck load of hand signals to stop her.. instead she overtook me on a narrow country road, barely missing me and the hedge on her right side.
My foot never did make contact with her side door as she went past, but I left it at that. That was a big lesson for me. I learnt that some people are cunts, some people have no empathy for others, and some people couldn't give two shits about killing another human on the roads. I parked my bike up straight after it all happened, sat down and tried to stop myself from shaking. I think I called my dad just to tell someone what had happened, and may have shed a tear.
I'm enraged typing this actually, I really should have noted her numberplate and informed the police instead of getting mad (for all the good that would have done, and most likely would have forgotten the reg, but perhaps someone else would have done the same and reported her dangerous driving).
Last edited by Eddie Hitler on 23:22 - 02 Jun 2013; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| clancy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 clancy World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:22 - 02 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
You weren't out of order at all, I've dOne this a few times
2 weeks ago someone changed into my lane in the town centre completed without looking and I had to slam the breaks on and pull to the side nearly being pushed into the railings, how I fitted I'll never know. Pulled up along side her to have a word Abd she screamed back at me in Chinese whilst having a fag, driving a Picasso full of kids. Woman was a pure genius, pretty sure she understood none of what I said or was even aware of what happened.
COmpletely wasted my time in this case but still I think sometimes careless drivers could do with someone having a word to kick them up the ass, just like in your case it probably made her pay more attention now, might save someones life one day  ____________________ KLX 300r |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| radicalrabit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 radicalrabit Crazy Courier
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mosh86 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mosh86 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jjdugen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jjdugen World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jun 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wonko The Sane |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 07:54 - 03 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Eddie Hitler wrote: | Reminds me of when a car cut a corner and almost knocked me off. I'm talking years ago. Near where I live there is a corner coming down a hill, that most if not all car drivers cut. Most of the time it's safe to do so, but this twunt never went back to her side of the road. As I saw the car my spider sernses tingled and I hugged the curb, fucking lucky I did as it would have been a head on collision. Being a spotty teenager full of rage I turned around and chased. As I now know, doing this can cause an accident itself. I wasn't thinking straight. Caught up, overtook, and gave a fuck load of hand signals to stop her.. instead she overtook me on a narrow country road, barely missing me and the hedge on her right side.
My foot never did make contact with her side door as she went past, but I left it at that. That was a big lesson for me. I learnt that some people are cunts, some people have no empathy for others, and some people couldn't give two shits about killing another human on the roads. I parked my bike up straight after it all happened, sat down and tried to stop myself from shaking. I think I called my dad just to tell someone what had happened, and may have shed a tear.
I'm enraged typing this actually, I really should have noted her numberplate and informed the police instead of getting mad (for all the good that would have done, and most likely would have forgotten the reg, but perhaps someone else would have done the same and reported her dangerous driving). |
I can understand how you felt enraged etc by the situation, I've been there myself, mainly with people doing U turns round roundabouts from the left hand lane recently.
Bear in mind how a young girl who's passed her test only a couple of years ago might feel when overtaken and waved at by an angry biker.
She's going to feel very vulnerable and possibly thinking the worst (being punched in the throat and done up the garry)
She'll be starting to worry, or worse, panic, remembering the last news story she saw about someone being abducted or whatever and so will avoid stopping even if she knows she made a mistake.
It's not an excuse, but it is a natural 'flight' reaction. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 08:17 - 03 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was probably doing her make-up using her iPhone camera.
Use your horn pre-emptively next time. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Entertwainer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Entertwainer Trackday Trickster

Joined: 13 May 2013 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:32 - 03 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Rogerborg wrote: | Was probably doing her make-up using her iPhone camera.
Use your horn pre-emptively next time. |
i agree with this - like the Italians, dont rely on people seeing you, make your presence known!
i recently bought a new car, and compared to my old one - i cant hear a god damn thing outside, and the amount of trim and body work that gets in the way - my blind spot has increased dramatically.
not saying that this lass couldn't see you - some people are just plain ignorant to the fact that anyone else uses the road when they are driving, however, the technology included with cars and the build quality these days really isolates you from the outside world - making already stupid drivers that much more dangerous and more inclined to 'not see you'.
not only that, since riding my motorbike (only been on one for a month now) you become a target - something to be overtaken, regardless of whether you are doing the maximum speed limit (i commute through town so its either 20mph or 30mph)
i generally have to speed to keep up with the flow of traffic otherwise i become a target for the impatient! skipping round me at the last second approaching lights only for me to filter past them and the 6 cars in front of them moments later (i thoroughly enjoy that part)....
glad you came out alright though.
when ever i get in a car, on the motorbike or the push bike, i head out on the assumption that everyone else on the roads is an idiot. i still mnage to enjoy my rides as well  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:03 - 03 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
CBA reading all that post, but if you think you have it bad on a bike, try driving a tractor
people still manage to pull out without seeing and then are made to back the fuck up out of the way. ____________________ '00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30 Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Entertwainer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Entertwainer Trackday Trickster

Joined: 13 May 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Conzar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Conzar World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smithyithy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smithyithy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 15 Feb 2013 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:39 - 03 Jun 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think you did the right thing, maybe her being shook up will make her a bit more aware in the future, one can dream...
Winds me up though when they look at you, see you, realise you have right of way, then keep going anyway!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Davie J |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Davie J Scooby Slapper
Joined: 03 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Springbok_Rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Springbok_Rider Trackday Trickster

Joined: 16 Sep 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 126 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|