|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Nope. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nope. World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:31 - 13 Aug 2013 Post subject: Protecting tail paint from soft luggage. |
 |
|
Hi all,
Taking a trip next weekend on the ZX7R and as such I bought some soft luggage for the back.
I cheaped out and got some of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141023069570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Mainly because after this trip I'm not too bothered how long they last. It's not something I think I'm going use often.
However, now the luggage has arrived I see that the back of the packs has no soft material, just rough straps and standard baggage material.
I'm concerned that this might scratch the paint on the tail, especially on a relatively long ride where they might move about a fair bit. Does anybody have any tips/advice for dealing with this? I could just wrap the tail in a towel and then cover it with cling film but this seems ridiculous.
Am I worrying about it too much? If not, does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks! ____________________ Former: Derbi GP1 50, Sachs XTC 125, Suzuki GSXR 400 GK73A, Kawasaki ZX7R, Suzuki DR250, Yamaha RD350
Current: 2011 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré, 2003 Yamaha YZR-R1 5PW (In Build), 2009 Kawasaki ZZR1400 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:38 - 13 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Put an antislip mat on the seat under the pack to act like a protective cover maybe But might not sit secure enough even with the packs weight on it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Aff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Aff World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 13 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Snodvan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Snodvan Spanner Monkey

Joined: 22 Jul 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:51 - 13 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Err - it is a lot cheaper in the Pound Shop
Same stuff I bet
Snod ____________________ 04 (UK Reg) BMW F650cs, but really 02 first Reg in Holland |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Aff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Aff World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:57 - 13 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Snodvan wrote: |
Err - it is a lot cheaper in the Pound Shop
Same stuff I bet
Snod |
Hmm, that's the sellers updated listing for the one I bought, it was £3 for a 1.5m roll when I got it. Seems he's put his prices up.
Anyway, gives the OP and idea. ____________________ Current Bikes:Honda 929RR Fireblade, Honda CD200 Benly (Project), Stomp Z2 140
Electric Bike Project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrSnoosnoo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrSnoosnoo World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:57 - 14 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I made the mistake of not putting something between my soft panniers and the paintwork.
Result : dulled paintwork were the moisture/grit got between them
Now I use masking tape, works a treat  ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:46 - 14 Aug 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's a job for gaffa tape..  ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nope. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nope. World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garth World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|