|
|
| Author |
Message |
| barrkel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 barrkel World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:01 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: Handbags at dawn |
 |
|
Had an amusing encounter today with an aggressive chap on another scooter, on the A12 approach to Bow roundabout. Clogged with traffic because the Blackwall tunnel is closed southbound.
Appears to be a knowledge boy, but from his style of riding, I wouldn't like to see him on the road in a taxi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Xz2MclTeQ
I'm minding my own business for the first 30 seconds, before he barges through and clips the wing mirror of the car to my left. I reckon he's worth observing, so zip off after him, and he doesn't disappoint, almost riding into another mirror in an ungainly display of poor handling. Surprising to see from a non-learner, unless he's lost his L-plate.
As we go into the Bow roundabout - the one that's been in the news for all the cyclist deaths - I'm in position to filter and indicate it with a shoulder-check, and he decides to cut me off. Not really a surprise, but I give him a beep in any case, and he gives me the finger in return! So I return the favour with close overtake.
He then rides into me and gives me a shove with his elbow, yelling something I couldn't make out. In any case I left him behind as I continued on to Tescos. I believe he was headed for WizAnns down by Essential Rubber.
Livened up my day  ____________________ Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnknownStuntm... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnknownStuntm... World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| barrkel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 barrkel World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _mjs_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _mjs_ Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 23 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:30 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice little clip, the guy rides like a noob  ____________________ Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:30 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lihp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lihp World Chat Champion
Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| barrkel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 barrkel World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:41 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| PhilDawson8270 wrote: | You ride like a nobber |
Oh I agree, I was being a dick, no doubt about it. ____________________ Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:48 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Calm down ladies. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Doovy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Doovy World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:21 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ha. I rode up that exact same stretch today, except I turn right down Mile End road at Bow Roundabout. Quite a traffic jam up to the diversion.
Load of police around there recently, surprised you didn't get shouted at like I did the other week for filtering round there. ____________________ Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| workboots |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 workboots Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 14 May 2013 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:40 - 19 Dec 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| goto10 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 goto10 World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Oct 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 23 Dec 2013 Post subject: Re: Handbags at dawn |
 |
|
| barrkel wrote: | Had an amusing encounter today with an aggressive chap on another scooter, on the A12 approach to Bow roundabout. Clogged with traffic because the Blackwall tunnel is closed southbound.
Appears to be a knowledge boy, but from his style of riding, I wouldn't like to see him on the road in a taxi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Xz2MclTeQ
I'm minding my own business for the first 30 seconds, before he barges through and clips the wing mirror of the car to my left. I reckon he's worth observing, so zip off after him, and he doesn't disappoint, almost riding into another mirror in an ungainly display of poor handling. Surprising to see from a non-learner, unless he's lost his L-plate.
As we go into the Bow roundabout - the one that's been in the news for all the cyclist deaths - I'm in position to filter and indicate it with a shoulder-check, and he decides to cut me off. Not really a surprise, but I give him a beep in any case, and he gives me the finger in return! So I return the favour with close overtake.
He then rides into me and gives me a shove with his elbow, yelling something I couldn't make out. In any case I left him behind as I continued on to Tescos. I believe he was headed for WizAnns down by Essential Rubber.
Livened up my day  |
I hate getting stuck behind people like you when filtering!
You can get through. You can get through. You CAN get through - FOR F'K SAKE GO THROUGH OR GTFO of my way!
Looks like butt-hurt (on your part) when the other scooter gets past you (he's shit too though) ____________________ '12 NC700S & '12 CB600F Hornet [Stolen by some dickless twat] Suzuki GT500 shed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DSK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DSK Nova Slayer
Joined: 12 Jul 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Boris the spider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Boris the spider Nearly there...

Joined: 24 Jan 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|