|
|
| Author |
Message |
| CurtisBowden |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CurtisBowden Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 30 Mar 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:43 - 30 Mar 2014 Post subject: TS50X 1998 Won't fire. |
 |
|
Hi guys,
I've recently got a TS50X. When I got it, it needed bits doing to it, chain and sprockets, throttle cable, little bits like that.
After doing it all, I've had her done for around a week.
The fourth or fifth time I kicked her over, she started.
However, it revved uncontrollably. Realising this was probably down to the carb, I took it off and saw the slide was a tad stuck. I sanded down the inside with some VERY fine sandpaper, and made it smoother.
Kicking it over again, it started and this time I was in control. Unfortunately, she flooded. Randomly whilst running, and ever since then it will not start! I've adjusted the floats, I've changed the spark plug, I've gone through all the connections and I have a huge spark. But whenever I take out the spark plug it stinks of fuel etc.
Doesn't start or even try. I've tried bump starting, starting in second and running it down a hill, heating the spark plug. Trying a different spark plug. Checking the coil. That's all fine. But it's always flooded.
I'm lacking ideas and I would love some help.
I've looked up new carbs, and not only are they very rare, they are also very expensive.
This isn't an option. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| davebike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 davebike World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Nov 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 07:32 - 30 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Check you have a spark if so
Check main bearings
Remove the left hand engine covers over the flywheel/rotor
Hold the rotor and try to move it in / out, up / down forwards/backwards if it moves at all other than rotating the main bearings and the seals need replacing common on a two stroke that not been used fro a year or more
Dave ____________________ Dave
NC750Xdct + others at work !
[email protected] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CurtisBowden |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CurtisBowden Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 30 Mar 2014 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CurtisBowden |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CurtisBowden Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 30 Mar 2014 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:42 - 30 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it has good compression and a strong spark then you're more or less left with the air/fuel mixture. You say it stinks of petrol, is there a problem in the carb? Worn float jet maybe.
You can narrow it down to a fuel/air issue by running it one something like this: Easy start spray. ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|