Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fair weather biker replies.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Fair weather biker replies. Reply with quote

I'm after some typical BCF retorts to the boring stiffs at work who come out with the same old 'No bike today then? Bloody fair weather biker!'.
I am a 'reasonable' weather biker but thats not the point.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about fuck off Laughing
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them that the days of being skint and having a bike as your only transport are over.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
how about fuck off Laughing


That was my very first reply along with 'I don't really enjoy a wet ride, unlike your mrs'. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you drive to work with your windows down? Thought not
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Conzar
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort it out with a fight, on the spot, punch them in the gob
____________________
Current ride: ZX6R 636 ------- Previous:KTM EXC 450 Supermoto --- ZX6R B1H --Hornet 600--CBR 600--SV650
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 08 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

"how's the strike going?"
that would work only in london though Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

janner_10
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:18 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Tell them that the days of being skint and having a bike as your only transport are over.


This ^^

I reach the grand old age of 40 this year. Anything under 15 degrees and clear blue sky and I take the car to work.

The older you get the less you give a fuck what people think.
____________________
Yamaha FZS600 (Now gone to heaven) > CBR600F4i (SOLD) > '99 YZF-R1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nelmo
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best retort is to not give them the ammo - man up and ride in all weathers, you big girl Twisted Evil Smile

Only kidding - just jealous as I sit here at work, my kit still dripping onto the floor and I foresee a very squelchy ride home Confused I'm too much of a miser to pay the £25 train ticket to come into work for the day.


Last edited by nelmo on 14:22 - 01 May 2014; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Atomic Punk
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously don't live in London, I ride whatever the weather as I can't stand the alternative.
____________________
I may have lost my way but I'm way ahead of schedule.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Re: Fair weather biker replies. Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm after some typical BCF retorts to the boring stiffs at work who come out with the same old 'No bike today then? Bloody fair weather biker!'.
I am a 'reasonable' weather biker but thats not the point.


Do they ride bikes? If not, then their opinion is null and void. They probably expect you to react. Just smile and nod.

(Then put dog shit in their desk drawers.)
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other biker in our office is a strict fair-weatherer. I don't want to be tarred with the same brush but I don't have to ride in the piss wet through, so why should I?

Although I'm going for an MOT tonight and it's wazzing it down with a weather warning issued Evil or Very Mad
____________________
This post is probably not serious and shouldn't be taken literally.
Past: CBR125,ER6f NINJA 650, ZZR600 Current: VFR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass of water to his face, ask him if he likes getting wet.

If he had the choice would he rather you didn't throw it in his face.

End conversation. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My commute is 12 to 18 minutes depending on traffic and aggression.

Public transport is over an hour, likely higher in bad weather.

My goretex proshell suit does not soak up water and is effectively dry 4 hours after taking it off. It doesn't let in a drop of water - in fact I enjoy riding in it because it makes me invincible to the weather.

I enjoy riding in the rain, as it's a more relaxed ride, more smoothness, less rush, etc. The dry is more fun, but a ride in the wet is better than no ride at all.
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gavbriggs
Crazy Courier



Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to ride whatever the weather for commuting purposes. Even snow!

Just ask to see their bike qualification and if they don't have it tell them to fuck off! And if they do ask em where their machine is!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

To paraphrase Churchill: "Tomorrow I may ride my bike, but you'll still be a cu​​nt."
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wull
Crazy Courier



Joined: 10 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there and done that with riding all year round and tbh why the hell would you want to,I don't miss the numb fingers,the freezing thighs,freezing head,constantly playing dodge the deer and the likes......bring on the summer Very Happy

So on that note tell them to fook right off Thumbs Up
____________________
"Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say why would you choose to get cold and wet when you have an alternative.
____________________
Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wull wrote:
I've been there and done that with riding all year round and tbh why the hell would you want to,I don't miss the numb fingers,the freezing thighs,freezing head,constantly playing dodge the deer and the likes......bring on the summer Very Happy

Because I like getting home in a quarter the time.

But then I made sure I had the right kit, so I didn't get cold. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/10000/8000/300/18338/18338.strip.gif
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englishman
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:35 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Re: Fair weather biker replies. Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm after some typical BCF retorts to the boring stiffs at work who come out with the same old 'No bike today then? Bloody fair weather biker!'.


"At least I've got the balls to ride a motorbike at all".
____________________
INSTALLING SUMMER... ████████░░░░░░░░44% DONE. Installation failed.
404 error: Season not found.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wull
Crazy Courier



Joined: 10 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:00 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Wull wrote:
I've been there and done that with riding all year round and tbh why the hell would you want to,I don't miss the numb fingers,the freezing thighs,freezing head,constantly playing dodge the deer and the likes......bring on the summer Very Happy

Because I like getting home in a quarter the time.

But then I made sure I had the right kit, so I didn't get cold. Wink


Touché

Got to agree with the reduced time getting home,I miss that part of it especially when the weather was good.....giving it big licks.
____________________
"Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is around 3 times quicker than your car, I'll use it whenever I want.. Thumbs Up
____________________
07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 126.92 Kb