|
|
| Author |
Message |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: Airbag Vest - suits you sir! |
 |
|
I remember a recent(ish) thread on safety and airbag vests were mentioned (for horse riders iirc).
Anyhow GetGeared/Held have one, about £650 of your English pounds.
Inflates in 0.1 seconds so the blurb says. Comes in black or black+hiviz.
Video of it is here.
...bit worrying the guy seemed to take two attempts for it to deploy
GetGeared site is here.
Present for the biker who already has everything perhaps?
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:16 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
We were discussing them way back in 2006.
They were not popular, the Dainese one had potential as it wrapped around your neck.
IIRC Busters were trying to get rid of theirs and they went down to £150 and nobody touched them for quite a long time.
Poking around BCF were discussing them in 2004.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=226553
And they couldn't get rid of their stock for ages. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:19 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I had that it would blow up every other time I got of the bike.  ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:21 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Also £650? Fuck off  ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:05 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: Re: Airbag Vest - suits you sir! |
 |
|
| map wrote: | Present for the biker who already has everything perhaps? |
Try harder, I have one, a Hit-Air vest.
It cost me ~£160 delivered from 'Murca, including duty and Parcel Farce mugging, back in 2010. That was and I believe still is much cheaper than you can get get them for over here at retail. They were flogging them primarily to horsists.
I never wear it now, it's just hanging up in the mancave, pining away.
Should probably eBay / Gumtree it, although I expect I'll have to more or less give it away. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: Re: Airbag Vest - suits you sir! |
 |
|
| Rogerborg wrote: | | map wrote: | Present for the biker who already has everything perhaps? |
Try harder, I have one, a Hit-Air vest.
It cost me ~£160 delivered from 'Murca, including duty and Parcel Farce mugging, back in 2010. That was and I believe still is much cheaper than you can get get them for over here at retail. They were flogging them primarily to horsists.
I never wear it now, it's just hanging up in the mancave, pining away.
Should probably eBay / Gumtree it, although I expect I'll have to more or less give it away. |
£200, for it, no no I mean you give me £200 to take it off you  ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:01 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: Re: Airbag Vest - suits you sir! |
 |
|
| map wrote: | I remember a recent(ish) thread on safety and airbag vests were mentioned (for horse riders iirc).
Anyhow GetGeared/Held have one, about £650 of your English pounds.
Inflates in 0.1 seconds so the blurb says. Comes in black or black+hiviz.
Video of it is here.
...bit worrying the guy seemed to take two attempts for it to deploy
GetGeared site is here.
Present for the biker who already has everything perhaps?
 |
Not really, I'd find that more reassuring actually because it means it won't accidentally deploy if you forget to unclip the lanyard.
In a crash fast enough to warrant an airbag, there will be a lot more force applied than in the video. ____________________ Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| conker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 conker Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 22 Mar 2013 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 08:20 - 09 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have the Helite Airnest https://www.helite-motorcycle-airbagjackets.co.uk/motorbike-air-vest/20-airnest-air-jacket.html
it is pretty easy to get £50 off. It looks exactly like the Held one in the video, but all black, the airbag shape looks the same.
I sometimes forget to unclip and it doesn't go off, it takes quite some force to set it off, apparently you can have the activation for adjusted if you are a cardboard cut out.
The guy is trying to activate it with his arm and not his body weight leaving the bike.
I can't tell I'm wearing mine now, I wear it for track days and road riding, every time, without fail. Downside with these vests that use a cord, they'll not go off if you don't leave the bike. So the initial impact of a low side will likely not be cocooned in air. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| slowlydoesit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 slowlydoesit Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| delsol |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 delsol World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Apr 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hokum |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hokum Spanner Monkey
Joined: 26 Apr 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| conker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 conker Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 22 Mar 2013 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|