|
|
| Author |
Message |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:34 - 14 Jan 2015 Post subject: Another medical moan... |
 |
|
I had a second medical for the insurance company following my accident, the doctor rushed the whole thing (lasted about 10 minutes in total), and made a lot of the report up.
Basically it says I'm not really injured. I had an ultrasound on my knees today which showed a lot of fluid, so they did some x-rays to see the cause and I should be getting the results in around a week.
My medical evidence has to be submitted to the court by the 27th, so all I've got is this dodgy report, which despite me questioning the doctors sticking to (and accusing me of only being after money).
Any thoughts? I've pretty much given up any hope of 'justice' or even reasonable compensation for my injuries.
tl;dr feeling sorry for myself (again) ____________________ Yamaha MT-03 '08 (crashed)
Honda XR-125L '04 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andyscooter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andyscooter World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:34 - 14 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Do you need help with a toilet seat or handrails?
Sorry swampy... I just can't help myself.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:39 - 14 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| MC wrote: | | swampy wrote: | The trouble with this is that the Dr has nothing to gain by saying you're not injured if you are.
You mention this is your second medical, what was the outcome of the first ?
EDIT: What do you think he made up ? |
First medical the prognosis was that I'd be fully recovered in 3 months. He thoroughly examined me.
In the second medical report (different doctor) he describes in detail examining my knees, back and shoulder. In reality he yanked at my knees to test the ligaments, got me to point at the pain in my back, and then my shoulder.
I've told the solicitors, they told him to review my medical records, so he's added a page or two summarising my treatment so far (which is a little helpful) but didn't change anything else. |
So you feel he lied ? Report him to the GMC.
Did the second Dr have access to the first report ?
In fairness I can do a reasonably thorough lower limb range of movement and power assessment in a couple of minutes. It might seem that all I was doing was pulling on your knees, but I would actually also be assessing the power and range in your hips, knees and ankles. I would guess that the report might look a bit like this:
L L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
R L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
There maybe something about internal/external rotation at the hip and inversion/eversion at the ankle too.
Did you use the shoulder that was injured to point to where your back hurt ? ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson
Last edited by swampy on 22:46 - 14 Jan 2015; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:10 - 14 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| MC wrote: | I know he lied, he says he performed tests he didn't. I have thought about reporting him, but that doesn't really help me now, and I'm wondering if my case still ends up going to court that'll be a good thing. |
What tests did he say he did mate ? I might be able to help, but I need you to be a bit more specific..
The reason I ask which arm you used to point to your back is quite important. Pointing to an area of your back requires a fairly complex shoulder movement (we ask people to mime combing their hair for similar reasons). If you used your 'injured' shoulder to point to an area in the middle of your back, the Dr may well have drawn the conclusion that you have reasonable range of movement in that shoulder. ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:43 - 15 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok, so with the left shoulder he says:
- he had good grip strength and pinch strength
He didn't test this and it's something I'm struggling with
- Neer's and cross chest addiction test was negative
He performed neither test
With my back:
- there was no bony or soft tissue tenderness
Would he not need to touch my back to know this? He didn't and there's lots of tenderness
- lasegue's sign/straight leg raise/femoral stretch test normal
Again he didn't perform these
With my hip (which I've had no issues with):
- trendelenburg test normal
Yet again he didn't perform this, I just told him I've had no issues with it since my accident (it was just bruised after the crash)
I'm not trying to say he doesn't know what he's talking about, I'm saying he did a half-arsed job and claimed to perform examinations he didn't.
The above are just a few examples, he also made statements which are untrue and I think quite damaging. For example saying I'm not struggling with anything at home (when I am and told him this). ____________________ Yamaha MT-03 '08 (crashed)
Honda XR-125L '04 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BigShow |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BigShow Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 May 2014 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Vincent |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Vincent Banned

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Vincent |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Vincent Banned

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:00 - 15 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Maybe this doctor is being paid by the wrong side ...........stranger things happen  ____________________ Space Is Deep |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:43 - 15 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| MC wrote: | Ok, so with the left shoulder he says:
- he had good grip strength and pinch strength
He didn't test this and it's something I'm struggling with
- Neer's and cross chest addiction test was negative
He performed neither test
With my back:
- there was no bony or soft tissue tenderness
Would he not need to touch my back to know this? He didn't and there's lots of tenderness
- lasegue's sign/straight leg raise/femoral stretch test normal
Again he didn't perform these
With my hip (which I've had no issues with):
- trendelenburg test normal
Yet again he didn't perform this, I just told him I've had no issues with it since my accident (it was just bruised after the crash) |
OK. Did he ask you to hold his hands or fingers ?
Did he hold your arms, or did he ask you to move your arms. Did he ask you to do anything like pick something up, take of your coat, put your hands on your head ?
When he pulled your knees 'checking the ligaments' were you stood up, laid down or sat down ?
I can say that he probably looked for Trendelenbergs 'sign' which is a gait disorder that easy to spot as you walked in. Given he didn't spot anything he probably felt it was un-necessary to do anything else.
Tredelenberg 'test' refers to venous flow in the legs I think, and wouldn't have been appropriate for you.
Tredelenberg (whoever he was), put his name to loads of things: lurch, gait, sign, test, table, position...
What are you finding difficult to do ? How are your injuries affecting your function ? ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 MC Banned
Joined: 01 Apr 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:08 - 16 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| swampy wrote: | In fairness I can do a reasonably thorough lower limb range of movement and power assessment in a couple of minutes. It might seem that all I was doing was pulling on your knees, but I would actually also be assessing the power and range in your hips, knees and ankles. I would guess that the report might look a bit like this:
L L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
R L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
There maybe something about internal/external rotation at the hip and inversion/eversion at the ankle too. |
I can't see the pivot shift result, could you point it out please? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:14 - 16 Jan 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| sickpup wrote: | | swampy wrote: | In fairness I can do a reasonably thorough lower limb range of movement and power assessment in a couple of minutes. It might seem that all I was doing was pulling on your knees, but I would actually also be assessing the power and range in your hips, knees and ankles. I would guess that the report might look a bit like this:
L L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
R L/L Full ROM.
Hip: Abd 5/5, Add 5/5, F 5/5, E 5/5. Knee: F 5/5, E 5/5. Ankle: Dors 5/5 Plan 5/5.
There maybe something about internal/external rotation at the hip and inversion/eversion at the ankle too. |
I can't see the pivot shift result, could you point it out please? |
This was an example of power at each of the joints, you will notice I also did not put in degrees of range of motion. I was illustrating that the assessment (of power in this case) can be done quite quickly, but the report can be relatively wordy especially given the above results are often written out as a table. It was not my intention to present a full battery of tests... ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|