|
|
| Author |
Message |
| SteveSmith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SteveSmith Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:07 - 19 Mar 2015 Post subject: Write-off / new bike advice |
 |
|
So after my unfortunate incident last Friday, the insurance assessor has been out and reckons my bike is a write-off. Which means I can have a new one!
I've got a budget of around £4k to play with. I've fancied a Triumph Sprint for a while, and I can get a nice one for that money. I don't know what else is out there though so if there are alternatives I should be looking at I'd be grateful for suggestions. It's mainly suburban / ring road commuting, but it also needs to be fun for the odd Sunday blast and comfortable for the odd motorway slog.
Also, I need to decide whether it's worth keeping hold of my old bike for salvage. It's a 2001Y Bandit 600, around 40k miles and I reckon worth £1000-1200 in good nick. To make it barely road legal again it will need rear lights, new bars and one mirror. To make it pristine it will also need some bodywork, crank case cover, one foot peg, levers and bar ends. The assessor reckoned I'd be offered about £150 for it. I could do the work myself but cba so I'd be looking to flog it on. Anyone want to buy a knackered Bandit, or know somewhere around Bristol that might be interested?
TL;DR, alternatives for a Triumph Sprint, and what to do with a written off Bandit?
Thanks,
Steve. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fisty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fisty Super Spammer

Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pol Anorl |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Pol Anorl Banned

Joined: 13 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:32 - 19 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
2nd dibs on bandit.
£200 ill take it right now. ____________________ GOOD GAME BODYGUARD: https://i.imgur.com/8WePGgf.jpg
20:30:37 Pyro.: I don't sort of like men, I take every advantage to choke on dick.
Jewlio Iglesias: You live in Liverpool - Chances are, the front door has already been kicked off the hinges |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SteveSmith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SteveSmith Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|