|
|
| Author |
Message |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| michael j |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 michael j World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:17 - 23 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Came back from nz a few weeks ago, I went out with pure dirt tours in Rotorua, was a tad expensive. Went out on a drz400 and was the only customer. Had a real blast and would recommend it but it's been a while since I rode offroad and after an hour I was shattered. I'd definitely recommend it also try the luge at rotovegas, it's excellent.  ____________________ Ducati 996 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:09 - 23 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been in New Zealand since last May, in the North Island and will be going back out to live there again this year, but never got round to doing any off roading. I want to though so will keep an eye on the thread.
I did see that there were a lot (or what I thought were a lot) of companies offering Dirt Bike tours, which they say you only need to be "reasonably competent" on a bike but not necessarily have a licence. That suggests the focus will be more on touring than tough biking. These were mostly in the South Island though, around Queenstown in particular.
Might be a good compromise, get to see some spectacular scenery rather than just doing tough runs with not much of a view.
I think there are a few that run out of Taupo.
| michael j wrote: | Came back from nz a few weeks ago, I went out with pure dirt tours in Rotorua, was a tad expensive. Went out on a drz400 and was the only customer. Had a real blast and would recommend it but it's been a while since I rode offroad and after an hour I was shattered. I'd definitely recommend it also try the luge at rotovegas, it's excellent.  |
The luge at Rotorua is good. Until you do the luge at Queenstown. Now that's a luge. ____________________ Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phil_Norwich |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phil_Norwich Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:28 - 02 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
i hired a bike out of christchurch once and went offroading in the southern alps, was pretty cool, was unguided though,
shame im over here, i normally have a couple of dirt bikes in my fleet in nz and could have taken you out,
bear in mind may is coming on to winter, and despite what people think nz does get bloody cold ____________________ the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rogerdodger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rogerdodger Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 20 Jul 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rogerdodger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rogerdodger Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 20 Jul 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:28 - 18 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
world wide travel insurance, "extreme adventure package" sorted. Over £350 though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|