|
|
| Author |
Message |
| GEEtotheMAX |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GEEtotheMAX L Plate Warrior
Joined: 28 Apr 2015 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 20:23 - 28 Apr 2015 Post subject: Newbie - jacket sizing? |
 |
|
Hey all - been milling around in the background reading for a while but finally have a question for you!
I've just passed my CBT (woo) and landed myself a nice little Marauder 125 to rack up some miles on, but I'm in need of a jacket!
I've measured my chest around the widest part, it's 38.25in.
The jacket I'm set on is this one:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/109990
Which bloody number am I supposed to be looking at? With a chest measurement of 38.25 inches, which one do I order? (Apparently this jacket fits big so no need to order a size up if that matters).
Apologies because I'm sure this is a stupid question, but still, I'd rather get it right first time!
Thanks for all the info I've found in other threads - these forums are great when you've got questions!
Gee |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| grr666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 grr666 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Jun 2014 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:29 - 28 Apr 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice tasteful jacket. Wasn't at all what I was expecting from the user name. Just get the 40 or Size S. Sportsbikeshop
do free returns so no risk. I sent back a T shirt to them today because it was too small. ____________________ Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GEEtotheMAX |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GEEtotheMAX L Plate Warrior
Joined: 28 Apr 2015 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Val |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Val World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:54 - 28 Apr 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| GEEtotheMAX wrote: | Haha I know - believe it or not this is the xbox live username I've had since I was about 14 - I'm now 21 but it's become a habit!
I thought I could either spend ~£100 on a textile RST jacket or spend the extra and get one I really liked and would wear on and off the bike - no brainer really. Sadly I fear even this jacket won't make L plates look cool, so best get on and work towards my test!
Many thanks for your help and the speedy reply!
Gee |
FYI you can get practically new, good brand, leather jackets from flebay, here is one your size for £50:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BKS-Retro-Cruiser-jacket-in-Brown-leather-Many-pockets-very-good-condition-/171768576689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fe347ab1
There are plenty of people bought some clothing than decided biking is not for them.
I do buy from the shops only boots, helmets and gloves, but not clothing. ____________________ Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not...
Yamaha Fazer FZS 600, MT09, XSR 900
Last edited by Val on 23:03 - 28 Apr 2015; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| josh95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 josh95 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 23 Apr 2015 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| grr666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 grr666 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Jun 2014 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 08:30 - 30 Apr 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I echo the sentiment to use Ebay to hunt down some bargains though.
I picked up a brand new Richa leather jacket with full armour,
and a brand new Frank Thomas Mesh jacket this week.
Total spend £48.50, ____________________ Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GEEtotheMAX |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GEEtotheMAX L Plate Warrior
Joined: 28 Apr 2015 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 18:20 - 01 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks chaps - the jacket was out of stock for 2/3 weeks ish and I'd rather sort it sooner than that so I've switched to the £100 jacket/trouser combo as suggested above - cheers for pointing it out!
Will keep my eyes peeled on the bay for when something more my style comes up . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wednesday Biker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wednesday Biker Spanner Monkey
Joined: 11 Sep 2014 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:10 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm 14 stone atm and have a 42 inch chest and usually wear medium jackets although they maybe fit a tad snugger than they did round the middle when I was 12 stone(been a bad year)
Got a large one too but that's so I can wear another jacket underneath in the cold weather.That seemed a bit snug this winter lol.
If that helps you any  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RhynoCZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RhynoCZ Super Spammer

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:11 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Textile is on as aerodynamic as leather.  ____________________ '87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|