|
|
| Author |
Message |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:50 - 24 Nov 2015 Post subject: Last one I promise - New Laptop n00b Help / Buying Advice |
 |
|
Lads,
Last thread I promise, been delaying it and delaying it, mainly because of Windows updating every time I went to look.
Anyway, the time has come and now everything is Windows 10 it makes sense, I'm buying one.
Budget of £500 - £800ish. I know you can get much better specs for the money at the higher end of the budget. (I don't know alot about what these specs mean though. )
I don't know whether to get i5 or i7, I expect I'll have the laptop for a good amount of time, may even try and start mucking about with a GoPro at some point and try editing etc. Also will want to use Sketchup 3D.
So... Minimum specs wanted:
Windows 10 pre-installed
i5 (or i7)
8GB+ RAM
15.6 or 17" Full HD screen
1TB+ Harddrive
Some kind of dedicated Graphics card? Nvidia GEforce keep coming up.
and mega bonus points for a backlit keyboard!!
Best I've found so far is this for £649
15.6". Windows 10. 6th Gen i5. 12GB RAM. 2TB Hard-drive. Backlit keyboard. Nvidia GeForce 940m 2GB Dedicated. 1920x1080 full HD.
Or.. the abobe with a 17" screen and i7-6500u processor for £745.
But be great if you lot bunged in your suggestions so I can compare other makes and models etc!
With the addition of black friday coming up I suppose I better hold out to see. But my student discount will run out very soon so those deals above would normally be £150 more.
Cheers lads.
 ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:20 - 25 Nov 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Anyone?
What's people's thoughts on HP laptops? Envy model.
Suppose they are all just much of a muchness nowadays..?
Cheers. ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NJD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NJD World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:28 - 25 Nov 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
You dick!
If it comes pre-installed with Windows 10 I should in theory have no issues other than MAK errors (me being a monkey at keyboard..)
 ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:35 - 25 Nov 2015 Post subject: Re: Last one I promise - New Laptop n00b Help / Buying Advic |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Im-a-Ridah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Im-a-Ridah World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:23 - 02 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks lads.
I've bitten the bullet and ordered it at the weekend, arrived yesterday.
Meh, I'm happy. It's nice to have a laptop that actually does something when you click!
17.3" 1920x1080 full HD. Windows 10. 6th Gen i7-6500u. 12GB RAM. 2TB Hard-drive. Backlit keyboard. Nvidia GeForce 940m 2GB Dedicated.
Liking it so far, seems everything is an 'app' now...
Here's to being able to post on BCF from home now  ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|