|
|
| Author |
Message |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:33 - 01 Dec 2015 Post subject: Some advice please? |
 |
|
If I am getting unwanted e-mails that I`m sure are dodgy, how can I stop them.
I know that I must never open a suspect e-mail , but is there any more I can do to stop them coming to my e-mail address in the first place?
I have virus protection (McAfee) and it is on .
Any info/hints would be appreciated  ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| duhawkz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 duhawkz World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Dec 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mentalboy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mentalboy World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:37 - 01 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not sure how much you can do from a smart phone but you should be able to block persistent offenders, once you've consigned them to junk mail.
However there are certain offenders who are not so easy to get rid of, for some reason I've had crap from Canadian Pharmacy for as long as I can remember, impossible to block permanently because every new email comes with a new address - they tend to come in rashes though and I seem to have been pox free for quite some while now  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayy Mr. Ponzi
Joined: 08 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayy Mr. Ponzi
Joined: 08 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 02 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mostly just shite in mine, you will always get the odd genuine email in there in any system though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mentalboy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mentalboy World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 May 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panrider_uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panrider_uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:56 - 03 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I always put [email protected] as my email address when dealing with companies.
Then if I start getting unwanted spam I forward that address to [email protected] - ie a black hole for emails. ____________________ Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|