|
|
| Author |
Message |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:59 - 24 Feb 2016 Post subject: R1 dash backlight and main lights not working |
 |
|
Hi all,
Drove home yesterday, everything worked as expected. Right up until I turned off the ignition and chained the bike up.
This morning and this evening the dash backlight and the headlights have stopped working. Side lights and pass lights work as expected. Hazards, indicators, tail light, working as expected.
The bike hasn't been moved, knocked over or touched since last night when it was all working fine. I have changed nothing on the bike (other than OEM replacement parts during a service ~1 month in to owning the bike). I haven't washed it in an ashamably long time. It hasn't been raining. The battery has enough juice to start the bike effortlessly.
What could have caused this to happen overnight without the bike being touched? It's parked in a secure underground carpark that doesn't vary much in temperature, so I highly doubt any weather issues.
More importantly, what do I check? I have a gut feeling towards the connector block for the front of the bike, but I don't know where to find that on the 04 R1 (will do some googling).
The bike had a brand new OEM wiring loom during its service because the previous owner had hacked up the previous loom, and I wanted a bike that would give me no issues
Thanks for reading ____________________ 2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fizzer Thou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fizzer Thou World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Aug 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:35 - 25 Feb 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
The 5PW has the same large white multi-pin connector under the front left of the front nose fairing as the 4XW and as my 5JJ.It has a reputation of corroding the lower pins causing all sorts of problems until cleaned out with contact cleaner.
The pic shows a 4XW that I was working on
https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Workshop/Picture374.jpg ____________________ Just talk bikes.What else is there?
Always have a 'Plan B' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|