|
|
| Author |
Message |
| eifion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 eifion Nova Slayer
Joined: 13 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:32 - 18 Jun 2016 Post subject: Selling bike / part ex / insurance / rant |
 |
|
So today I take my SV to a dealer hoping to part ex it for a Deauville (yeah I know). Predictably get offered 25p and half a bag of cold chips for it, so decide I'm better off selling privately, even if that means dealing with the inevitable tyre kickers and Nigerian princes.
Then I thinks how would that actually work these days?
Sell SV, cancel insurance, buy, insure & tax Deauville. Hmm tis June. Insurance runs out in October. I'll be throwing away nearly another years' no-claims if I do that.
Sell SV, don't tell insurance company till I buy the Deauville? Read on here that very bad things can happen if new owner does kitten murder while bike still insured under your name. No thanks.
Buy new bike, add it to insurance, sell SV take it off insurance. They'll charge me something stupid for each change on the policy. Probably enough that it's almost worth starting a new one policy.
So I could buy new bike, put it on the insurance and take the SV off straight away even though I've not sold it yet, so only 1 admin fee. But due to continuous insurance regs I now have to SORN it as well if it's not insured, which means prospective buyers can't legally test ride it.
So how do you change bikes without being shafted either by the dealer, insurance company or DVLA?
</rant> ____________________ SR125 -> 6 year gap -> SV650 -> Deauville -> NC750X -> Vstrom 650 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andyscooter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andyscooter World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alex A |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alex A World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Mar 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andyscooter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andyscooter World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheArchitect |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheArchitect World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Dec 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ackack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ackack Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 27 Apr 2016 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|