|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 03:22 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: Pushing a non legit bike |
 |
|
So my friend put a CG125 in my garden a while back, I sorted it a bit and then it sat unloved for many moons. It's not MOTd, taxed or insured but I need to move it about 450m to my new digs.
It doesn't run, and I'm in a crime hotspot, what's the legal ramifications of just pushing it round on the pavement? Pig chopper is up most evenings, and I really don't need more points on licence.
Plz advise on the legalities. It will take me 10 minutes tops, but I've had a spate of bad luck and there's been a lot of burglaries in my very local area (used my baseball bat 3 times last week because of empty student area and robberies) and I'm concerned about an easy conviction. Have owners permission in writing and of course the keys.
Tl;dr, got 125 not legal to ride, also doesn't run, need move 500m, what do. ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ThatDippyTwat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ThatDippyTwat World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Aug 2016 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 07:01 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: |
 |
|
Many moons ago I had a similar situation.
I needed to move my moto-ball bike from one garage to another.
Halfway through moving the bike, the piggies turned up all full of themselves, thinking they had an easy nick.
I was able to give them names and addresses of who I bought the bike from , the people I had rented the garage from and my club members.
Also I had identification on me like my driving license.
They gave me a hard time and threatened to nick me for having an improper machine on the road with out the proper insurance etc.
Like you I was pushing the bike to its new home.
I could of ridden it along with all the noise an of roader makes and they would never of seen me.
But if they had of seen me riding it, the chances were that they would of taken the bike and I would never have got it back
Make sure you have some contact details on you and ID . ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 08:20 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: |
 |
|
Insurance and MOT offences apply to motor vehicles. Remove the spark plug. Push it, don't sit on it, even to freewheel it downhill.
VED, well I assume the owner/keeper has SORNed it, otherwise he'll be getting blackmail demands from DVLA anyway. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
Last edited by Rogerborg on 14:11 - 10 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suntan Sid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suntan Sid World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:26 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: |
 |
|
Take the wheels, tank and seat off, put the remaining scrap metal in a wheelbarrow, wheel away, come back for the bits you took off, job jobbed!
You'd get more man points for using a shopping trolley, but that's up to you. ____________________ "Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money!"  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tracey Suntan-King |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tracey Suntan-King World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:49 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: |
 |
|
hehe, I bought an old CG125 that had sat in a shed unloved for years, I paid my doley mate a tenner to push it to my house, cos it was two miles away  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:03 - 10 Jul 2017 Post subject: |
 |
|
Years ago whilst I was at University, it came to the start of the second year and I was moving house to share with a few mates. One of them was helping me move, it was only 500m-ish down the road behind some shops.
We decided to go out and get pissed first, this made the whole move slightly easier - apart from the fact we were doing several journeys carrying a sofa, armchairs, boxes, hifi, TV etc at 1-2 in the morning!
We just so happened to be carrying the hifi and TV when a cop car drove past us, got to the end of the road and started doing a u-turn. At this point we had just about arrived at the new place and couldn't be bothered having to explain ourselves. So we legged it there and hid in the back yard before quickly going in the back door. They never found us.  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Beehive Bedlam |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Beehive Bedlam World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tracey Suntan-King |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tracey Suntan-King World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mudcow007 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mudcow007 World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 9 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|