|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:25 - 06 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
NC35's are expensive and ugly in my opinion, you better off going for an NC30 or ZXR400.
I'd go for the latter, as Kawasaki's are great . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 08:29 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just out of interest, what put you off the GSXR? ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N_Tart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 N_Tart Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:02 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I bought a ZXR400L brand new in '95. I used it everyday for work, I toured europe for 4 months, I did the TT 4 years in a row, I did track days on it and my other half raced it for a season. Apart from an electrical problem which turned out to be the alarm and was cured the instant I junked it I never had a problem. The only reason for not having her anymore is my mate wrote her of at Snetterton. She had 85,000 on the clock. And I still miss her  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ninja |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ninja Caption Abuser

Joined: 22 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:12 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ProXimaCore wrote: | Well I can tell you that it is REALLY uncomfortable...
...I have got manuals on the bike if you ever did decide to get one. I'd probably get a VFR though just to make life a bit easier. |
Believe me, I am tempted by one, all 4 bikes on this list are lovely looking (except my personal...not dislike, but more of "not as much of a like" of the NC35s styling) but will be going 60 miles commuting daily so it needs to be slightly comfortable.
| N_Tart wrote: | I bought a ZXR400L brand new in '95. I used it everyday for work, I toured europe for 4 months, I did the TT 4 years in a row, I did track days on it and my other half raced it for a season. Apart from an electrical problem which turned out to be the alarm and was cured the instant I junked it I never had a problem |
So it's pretty comfy then? Only reason I'd not get a Kawasaki is probably only because I've always wanted a Honda. When I was growing up whenever i thought of bikes i thought of Hondas. Now I'm older I think I should try them all really. Sachs has a Suzuki engine, could get a Kawasaki for a 400, a Yamaha for a 600 and then a Honda for the thou. Least I should have a good range then. I could then get a Hayabusa after that!  ____________________ Current Bikes: 2010 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Previous Bikes: 2002 Sachs XTC, 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 GSX-R 600 K4, 2006 Yamaha XT660X |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fazed |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fazed Korn is my hero!

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:19 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I found the rvf surprisingly comfortable , if you are tall get a zxr400 L if you are average size get a NC35 , and if you're ickle get a cbr4 nc29 all good bikes but i prefer the nc35 to all. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N_Tart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 N_Tart Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:29 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
ZXR is pretty comfy. It seems slightly bigger than the others and as I'm 5' 10" just suited me better.
Obviously it's not as comfy as a real tourer although my mates dad found it more comfy than his ZZR1100. bizarre!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ninja |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ninja Caption Abuser

Joined: 22 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=304716
howzat!!!
I like the eighties styling of Kawasakis so would go for the ZX4 each time - I've seen them as cheap as £500 and as pricey as £1600. Individuality  ____________________ James
4 wheels transport the Body ... 2 wheels transport the SOUL |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ninja |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ninja Caption Abuser

Joined: 22 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:50 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
haha! no, I'm the dim one - I didn't realise you'd already read it . . .
I'll get my coat... ____________________ James
4 wheels transport the Body ... 2 wheels transport the SOUL |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:35 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've owned both a VFR and a ZXR and had reasonable experience on the CBR4, and a quick go on an RVF, GSXR i've not touched tho was offered a go on Proxima's
If I had to live with one I think I'd go for the CBR400, easy to work on, inline 4, gear driven cams mean no camchain worries, pretty torquey for a 400 and awesome handling.
VFR comes 2nd, let down by being very difficult to work on, prone to annoying problems too, like rear wheels and hubs seizing etc. It's got gear driven cams though, so is just as reliable as a CBR, despite the V configuration I personaly don't see much torque increase over the CBR, but they're both good, handling wise it's up with the CBR, stick to the road and goes where you point it. RVF is a glorified VFR and not really a bike for road use imo, it has no benefits over a VFR on the road and is twice as expensive.
ZXR is a nice bike, reliable, big for a 400 but doesn't have much go compared to the Hondas, always felt gutless and wheezy to me, yeah it's got top end speed but it seemed to take forever to get there, no immediate go. Handling was very good compared to a bigger bike, but the Hondas again seem to feel a lot better, other downside is you can't get BT090s in a 160 rear, so you'd have to fit a 150 on which is undersized for the bike. Reliability was good, they use camchains, so they need checking, but I never had a problem with mine in over 8000miles despite a perished carb rubber which was easy to sort. Head gaskets also need checking on ZXRs, they can go at any mileage, usually after 20K though, this is because ppl rev the bollocks off them. I'm assuming they do that because they need revving to go anywhere, and they make this nice Whhoooosh noise over 10k rpm.
GSXR, well can't comment really, but there's very few around in comparison to the others, and seems to be a good reason for it, most of them die. Mechanical reliability seems to be pretty poor, electrics aren't much cop either. Handling and power wise I don't know, but the ones I've seen seem to go rather well. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:49 - 07 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|