|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Diehard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Diehard Trackday Trickster

Joined: 18 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:39 - 03 Jan 2005 Post subject: Wanted: Hayabusa parts |
 |
|
Ok I am collecting parts from my new, new project (yes I did put that twice since I've got a VFR to do also). Basically I'm building a hayabusa from scratch, I have the frame, swinger, complete collection of all the bolts 'n' fittings etc, just collecting parts when and where I can. So anyone got any parts about, only need original parts mainly, unless some ppl have after market replacements for these. ANYTHING concidered. Engine would be handy as long as it's under £2000! But even the littlest parts would be good as it is from scratch.
Anyway cheers,
Diehard ____________________ If I Die... I Die! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Diehard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Diehard Trackday Trickster

Joined: 18 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:35 - 03 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I thought this in the begining but I have been watching prices for the parts on ebay for months now and if I do it right I can keep costs very low. I mean I bought the frame with docs for £100 (1999 frame), the swinger for £30 (thats with spindles and mud guard), so thats a good start. I'm not in a big hurry to finish this either (or should I say start). My workshop ain't completed yet so I'm just gathering things here and there. The engine is the problem though. But in the states they go for £200 or less believe it or not, I have a contact over there who will get in touch once they have found a good firm to start sending the engins overseas. Here I would be lucky to get one under £2000! Plus crash damaged busas, I have found are VERY pricy, and normally not much left (well they can hit 200mph). ____________________ If I Die... I Die! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Diehard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Diehard Trackday Trickster

Joined: 18 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:24 - 19 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Forgot I posted this! Anyway thats a tad pricy Phoenix, I can get a tail for £30, and a complete nose (headlights and indicators) for £120, side panels can vary on ebay between £15 and £40 each, but cheers anyway, every little helps.
Would like to add I don't care what colours the panels are, the whole thing will get a respray, and that goes for wheels too. I'm having them pollished! Pollised rims, frame and swingger, or is that too over the top?  ____________________ If I Die... I Die! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Diehard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Diehard Trackday Trickster

Joined: 18 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:47 - 20 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't worry, I've already stocked up on Autoglim, you need it up north where I live! This bike will be a dry use only bike, have two others to use at other times. Also thinking of getting a cheap old hornet for the winter months. ____________________ If I Die... I Die! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yzf750r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yzf750r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 233 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|