|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gracie Jones |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gracie Jones Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Will87 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Will87 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
*snip*
Bloomin' computer  ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
Last edited by Annabella on 17:16 - 14 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's a lovely looking bike, and apart from the irritating rattle from the dry clutch they do sound wonderful. I don't know anyone who has one personally though.
If you get one, just make sure you look after it.
I'll go and rifle through my RiDE mags and see if there's a review anywhere to be seen. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hugo-a-gogo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hugo-a-gogo Trackday Trickster

Joined: 13 Feb 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:16 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
an 800 duke will have less power than a fazer 600 (74 hp for the duke to 91 for the yam) and a lower top speed but a bit more low down grunt ____________________ "There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:25 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:08 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
Ducati power claims are generally more accurate than the Japanese ones (Ducati tend to quote a rear wheel figure).
I have ridden a 900SS and it was a nice enough lazy bike. Would be good on a long fast road, easy to just roll on and off the power. Fairly smooth when going as well.
However they are not that smooth at low revs, and at the same low revs not that happy to pull.
To me it would depend on where I was riding it. Round town I would avoid it like the plague.
I would say go and take a test ride and see if you would like one.
Sounds like some of the older style sports bikes (or sports tourers) would quite suit what you want. FZ750 (seat is agony), VFR750, GPX750 (slappy handling), GSX750F, Triumph 900 Trophy (or the Sprint).
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jaffa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jaffa Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 22 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:49 - 14 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I like them, I have a Monster because I prefer naked bikes and a more upright riding position. I don't regret buying a Ducati at all and I am considering having another.
I find people either really like them or take the piss over reliability (apparently quality was dreadful in 1970s and early 1980s), I can only comment on my own experience and that is very good overall, my bike is now nearly three years old and it has excellent build quality in my opinion.
I really like the engine, I much prefer the 'feel' of a twin to the in-line fours I've ridden and I don't find it difficult to ride around town, I can't imagine the SS would be any different apart from the riding position.
 ____________________ jaffa - all juice and no pips |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jaffa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jaffa Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 22 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|