|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Retsyn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Retsyn L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:27 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: Another Newbie |
 |
|
Just found this forum and thought I should introduce myself. I'm in the US, but my husband's a Brit, so I thought I might be able to relate to people in here somewhat.
I'm 36, female and been having Ninja fantasies for years. Two weeks ago I bought a Ninja EX500-now I need to learn to drive it. There are 3 day training courses here that I'm going to sign up for. Already bought an awesome Suomy helmet.
So basically I'm new to this board, new to owning a bike and new to driving. Fun eh?
There's a couple pics of the bike here https://photos.yahoo.com/bootiques Please ignore the dirty Jeep in the background-hey it's the middle of winter!
Hope to chat/meet some of you soon! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| New York Doll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 New York Doll Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 14 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:45 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello,
Welcome to the forum, I too am new here and have found it to be a great source of knowledge and a good laugh, wonderful people to boot .
Nice Ninja by the way, hope learning to use it is a much of a thrill as sitting there staring at it. Looks like your well on your way to being able to ride it. I am also new to motorcycling, myself. It seems well daunting, but worth the effort.
Welcome, btw  ____________________ "You know even if I live to be a 100 years old which is highly unlikely I must say, but if anyone mentions 1977 then a crooked smile will come to my lips, I know it will. It was the year that changed my life" - John Peel (1977) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 04:36 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Greetings and salutations!
Be careful of the wildlife, some of it bites! And take care not to step on the grass...
Nice bike, even without its bottom fairing. I'm after one once I've passed my test, hopefully in the summer. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Retsyn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Retsyn L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 06:06 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the welcome
mchaggis, I paid $1000 (that's dollars, not pounds)-it's a 95 w/14,000 miles...I figured I could live without the fairing. Who knows...I may find one around. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Barker-CBR 600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Barker-CBR 600 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 20 Nov 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TomC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TomC Trackday Trickster

Joined: 17 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
More like £520. It annoys me how much things are cheaper over there
Welcome to the forum.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Retsyn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Retsyn L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:54 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well I got a great deal on the bike. It was a friend of a friend thing who really needed the cash-so I got lucky. It would normally sell for more-maybe $1800-$2000?
As far as riding across the US-it's a pretty big place you know.
I would think that would be more of a Harley biker's dream.... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dan 4RR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dan 4RR World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:09 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bit late, But Hi!.
Nice Bike!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|