Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How many people...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

baldy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: How many people... Reply with quote

...ride there bike in the snow. Do you wake up and see it and love it or start crying and use the car.

Personally i like it, it adds a little challenge into riding.

Just thought it would be appropriate with the weather we've had for the last few days.
____________________
One day i will rule the world, just not today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it when it snows REALLY bad
not snows then rains a little bit then melts and snows again

when it snows really bad, stuff get cancelled

like work
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

haGGard
Nearly there...



Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i woke up and there was snow i would love it Razz For similar reasons to you...
____________________
chaff mans random tingz on loot Razz
"Why dont you go and weld your face to a moving train, you sack of pus" - tobyr
"ROFL MY TOFFLE I AM TEH 1337 SPELLING MISTAKE FINDER!" - BikerBen
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:29 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly like it when it snows, makes you try and concentrate that bit more and the feeling that you could slip at any momeny is strangely cool.

I've used my bike every day since november the 17th(bar xmas day that is)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Reevo8
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridden four times in the snow, it is a pain, but also a neccesity. As I leave for work at 06:00 I usually get the fresh icy snow rather than the slushy easy to ride on snow!
____________________
05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

baldy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just endless amounts of doughnut potential and crazy 90 degree slides in the snow. Things you wouldn't think about doing normally. Plus i have to use the bike, the car is broken.
____________________
One day i will rule the world, just not today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zoffo
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what your riding. Having 170 hp in your right fist is not good in snow Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun for the first 10 minutes, but when you start to go really cold it gets boring. I'd much prefer a red hot tyre melting day.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have GOT to be joking
____________________
187.3bhp = 201mph
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

baldy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride a nxr 125 (at the moment) which uses a new cg engine. about 11 bhp to play with in the snow.
____________________
One day i will rule the world, just not today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time it snowed down here was christmas day, so i thought it would be a good experience to ride in these conditions, thought i could use it as a learning curve.
So i went out, must of been about 3/4 of a hour and i came back, wasnt to cold but was shaking, never again.


Steve.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AcID ZeR0
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:56 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britain comes to a halt at the first sign of snow. Local schools were closed today due to the snow which incidently didn't even settle Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:24 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding in the snow is great! So pretty! Smile
Riding when theres snow actually on the ground...fuck that!
I slow right down the instant it rains, snow i won't even start the bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Klause
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:42 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night at about 11.00 I had to ride home with settled snow, some of the roads weren't bad but some small roads where almost solid snow/ice. It was very scary riding back Crying or Very sad had to use my feet alot to keep up right.
____________________
Current bikes: 1960 Triumph 5ta x2, TTR600RE, KTM200EXC, Cagiva Elephant 900ie.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:55 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get a choice sadly. I don't fancy my riding this morning. Gonna be pretty slippy. My bike must weigh around 250kg, so if I have to use feet to stop it falling, I probably brake a leg or drop it. Fingers crossed. Confused
____________________
Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:09 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wake up see the snow, think im going to get very cold/wet, put on my luuurverly waterproofs and get on with it. Neutral


I dont have the luxury of a car nor do i really want one.

riding in the snow is fine, its the idiot car drivers driving in the snow that worries me Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:10 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance in hell.

Done it once, got to the end of the road and abandoned that plan when it was impossible to get round the corner.

Maybe if I was on some little light thing with hardly any power that I could happily drop and pick up (and reach the ground well enough to 'ski') but on the CBR you have got to be having a larf!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t like the extremes of weather, but I have ridden through 5 winters now full on.
I don’t let it stop me, I have come off a few times on ice.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always have fun in the snow, but only messing around. The CG seems to enjoy it, but that thing is used in all weather, my little 'fun' bike which I dont really care about. I wouldnt dare attempt to actually go anywhere on the bike in bad weather though, its just asking for a crash. A few donuts in my road is about as much snow as my bike will ever see. Laughing
____________________
Aprilia RSV Mille R Edwards Replica - Aprilia RS250 - Suzuki GSXR600 Supersport Race Bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

battleaxe
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bendy"]Not a chance in hell.

when two wheels were my only form of transport, when I used to ride in trials, when I was a lot younger Question now give me the cage anyday the temperature drops below 16c Wink
____________________
It's better to say nothing and appear an idiot, than open your mouth and prove the point
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't brake a leg! Just an indicator and the exhaust [Please insert appropriate expletive].

So I have decided that once again I will ring up and get the car insured for business and use that.

My bike is too big and too expensive. Maybe with a small cheap bike, but that pretty much does it for me riding on ice. Incidently it was ok by my home, just one of the ungritted roads I had to ride along was packed into ice by the traffic.

So my advice to anyone is be very careful, but better still only ride if you are on gritted roads.

I should know better by now, but my work are not always understanding (They are based near bristol, and if its fine there, then everywhere must be good).

Good Luck People!
____________________
Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove to college today in the snow. Was getting wheelspin in third and fourth gear Cool

I was the only bike in college of about 60. Fassies Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode to work every day through winter 2003 in the snow on an RVF 400, the gritted roads were mostly fine it was just the side streets covered in ice where the gritters hadn't been that required a lot of planning. Getting out of the garage meant putting both feet down and slowly wheel spinning your way to the end of the road where the ice ended. Never again, I should have just taken the train.

Doing it for fun on a bike you don't mind dropping is a whole different matter though, I had a good laugh last night on my X-Sport practicing powerslides on a frozen bit of car park. Eventually got a bit sore from falling off and went to play at handbrake turns in the car instead. Snow is fun Thumbs Up Cool
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 18 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:06 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love riding off-road in the snow. On frozen ponds is good too but can quite cold if the ice breaks!

This is what you need when it snows Thumbs Up :
____________________
It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SO want one of those!

Took a pillion in the snow today, all went fine, even did a lovely 2up u-turn.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 230 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 128.26 Kb