|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:11 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: Knox Armour |
 |
|
Anyone use Knox armour?
I was originally going to by the Ricochet back-protector
https://www.planet-knox.co.uk/Knox/ricochet.asp
but have come across the Cross Shirt 1
https://www.planet-knox.co.uk/Knox/cross_shirt_I.asp
Question is would you think the back-protector in this is at similar standards as the above back-protector?
Pretty sure I'm going for the cross_shirt as it has armour in chest, elbows, shoulders, and back. Ideal for offroading, supermoto and track use (my new leathers have poor armour). Just unsure the back-protector would be ideal for track-use
I know the shirt is expensive but I really need to start wearing gear to stop or atleast help against serious injury)
Cheers  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:25 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got the Knox rollup one, kinda intended to wear it on the road but in practice I rarely do. Do wear it on the track though and I certainly didn't damage myself when I came off so who knows.
The rollup ones are fairly flexible, so I reckon they're a good compromise between the really rigid ones and plain foam.
I'll say though, the main reason I don't wear it on road is that kinda shoves my shoulder armour up a bit and I can't turn my head as far as I can without.
Last edited by Bendy on 20:26 - 27 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:39 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I use the KC back protector, think its KC-2000. I was measured up for it specially and it fits like a glove. The other back protector you mentioned was on show at the KNox stands at the NEC. I always end up having a chat as they recgnise my acent (from a town next to mine!) and they told me for track riding and sportsbike road-riding, that the KC was better overall. If the KC had been more expensive I maybe wouldnt have taken that as fact but it was cheaper. Once on its very comfortable and doeasnt dig into the base of your neck, infact its quite a good bit away from it. get it to fit perfectly and it is very reassuring, the waist band actually keeps you warm and you fel like someone is hugging you from behind!
On the downside its best to check it with your leathers on beofre you buy as I only just got away with it fiting under my one piece.
The shirt looks like a good option but at £129 seems a bit on the expensive side. Try the Hein Gericke alternatives, they have excellent build quality and normall a very competetive price!
good luck and happy pitbiking!
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Noggin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Noggin Traffic Copper

Joined: 27 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:50 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the advice
It is a bit expensive but I do get Knox gear at trade price (25% off) so that brings it down to under £100. Still expensive though.
I'm sure I'd be able to fit it under my leathers, infact, I could probably fit another 5 or 6 on top of that  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 16 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:55 - 28 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not as clearly as I did.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|