|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mattgt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattgt Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:41 - 28 Feb 2005 Post subject: My bitch against the council and car drivers... |
 |
|
I had this accident (my first ever) last year almost to the day. It was just after my birthday, see. I thought I would finally get my anger out with a long bitch.
So. It's a really cold morning, but it hadn't rained for ages so there was little threat of serious ice. I was coming up to a junction just past Willesden on me Honda NSR derestrict, lights just changing. The car in the front was just diddlying about so I over took on the outside coming onto the junction.
What I didn't realise was that overnight a main pipe had burst. The whole junction was literally covered with inch deep ice. Obviously I went smack on my side as I corrected to get into the middle of the road after overtaking, and found myself flying down the road.
Guess what the car behind me did? As I was casually spinning on me bum, I managed to look behind me. He was on his horn, waving me to get out of the way. How bloody helpfull is that?!! I just had to dodge his front wheel as he sped off (the ice was only contained by the junction!). He wasn't even a boy racer. Very irate.
The council is as bad as the driver for letting people skid about. As I assessed the damage on the side of the road, it was literally like bumber cars as the cars bounced everywhere. Sorry, but that was revenge.
Finally, a shout out to the guy who helped me. As it was my first crash/fall I was pretty shaken. He was also driving a honda and came over and helped me. We had a chat and I felt so much better for it. Thanks mate, wherever you are!
Still took me a week to be confident around corners though! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| El_Bandido |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 El_Bandido Trackday Trickster

Joined: 08 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 28 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thats pathetic that they could leave a junction like that. You might be able to sue the council
People like that guy on the horn do my head in. I hope he slides off a corner with other vague faced morons honking at him  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Toady |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Toady Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 22 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattgt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattgt Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|