|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Ork12 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ork12 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:48 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: Just had my first off :( |
 |
|
Just posting to say, had my first off , was going up a curve (1 inch tall max), and it was muddy, so my back wheel spun out. Wham I hit the floor, my first thought was to get up and get inside (was pulling into my driveway), a couple of cars stopped but once they saw me get up they drove off. The damage to my moped is just a broken mirror. But I will need a new helmet, but thats no problem as im glad it just save the important bit of me . Im just so glad I had my leather gloves on, its made me realise the importance of them, right now my left hand lil finger is swollen so bad, but without the glove only god knows if I'd of still had the finger.
Sorry to bore you all with another story, I just hope another person reads this and understands the importance of safety gear. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dan 4RR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dan 4RR World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:03 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well at least your alright Minus the swollen finger of course lol.
Good Job you were wearing gloves !  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ork12 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ork12 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:19 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah thanks for the advice, know that now so will be good for future . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Josh|RD125LC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Josh|RD125LC World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:41 - 27 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had my first off on January 14th (hehe I can still remember the date). I was off my bike for 4 weeks because of the damage and the parts for my bike are very hard to find. I fell off in the rain. I was filtering in between traffic (either side of me). I happened to notice that the gap was getting very tight and I got very nervous. The gap got too small for my liking and I broke, stupidly pulling the front brake, resulting in front end sliding and bike hitting the floor and ending up lodged under a car. Luckily I had my gloves on too, because they were tore to shreds. I took a blow on the helmet and also tore my jacket. Hail protective clothing! Since this I have learned to drive much better in wet conditions and NOT use the front brake
Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad you weren't hurt too much. We all learn from mistakes  ____________________ Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| THCi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 THCi Nearly there...

Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| izzi81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 izzi81 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 24 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:07 - 28 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
ahh the good old mud-back-wheel-sliding incident! very familiar to me as I did the same thing on my Ninja not long after I got it. Used way too much throttle causing the back wheel to spin on the mud and down I slid. I was wearing all my gear, and didn't need to replace any of it, but I had a lot of fairing repair to do (and am *still* doing the confidence re-building a year later!!) ____________________ "The problem with the French is they have no word for 'entrepreneur' " George W Bush
Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese
https://www.bikepics.com/members/izzi81 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rodger Wabbit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rodger Wabbit Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:34 - 01 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Arrrrr stop with all these offs! Its making me want to leave my bike in the shed until the nicer weather comes
Anways Sorry about ur off, and im glad u came of fairly ok  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|