|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:02 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: VFR mod's |
 |
|
Right pay day is nearly here for me, I am looking to buy a new lid, I have one in mind so that’s ok.
I love the look of my bike, and as it hasn’t blown up or broken down yet I thought I’d by a few trick bits maybe. Only problem being, WTF do I put on it!?!
At the moment it has some funny foam grips (not good in the rain).
It has a VFR tank protector, silver bars ends and a red after market can, I have no idea what else I can slap on it.
Are L.E.D’s on the wheel’s shite looking??
Apart from that I would like some ideas.
Thanks  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:18 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Carbon can to replace the ugly red one  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:28 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Spend the money on parts you don't really want as you're just wanting to spend the money and you'll be kicking yourself when you need the money to fix a broken part of it. Expect this to happen, the bike will attempt to commit suicide in an expensive way after you've spent money on shiney parts for it.
Crash mushrooms from R&G, LED's on the wheels are a really bad idea unless you want the valves for the tyres to break off, if the tyres are nearing the end of their life you'll be wanting cash to spend on those shortly, some luggage (tankbag, tail bag and panniers) is always useful to have. Haynes Manual will come in handy at some point I'd expect. Braided brake hoses are worth having (IMO), also have a look at how much life there is left in your brake pads. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:39 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I see exactly what you mean but I was only thinking of things that don’t cost the earth.
Crash mushrooms sound like a good plan, where would they fit on the VFR, does it have spaces for them?
I wouldn’t spend on little trick parts if I needed tyres or pads etc, I don’t really need them at the moment so I thought I could make it look a bit individual. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:41 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you've got some spare cash try Checking out the 'top 3 bike related things that you couldn't do without with' which appeared recently, it might give you some good ideas. As for adding more things to your VFR, to be fair I think it looks about as pimped up as you could get at the moment!
If you haven't got one already a trickle charger is always handy, as are waterproofs/comfortable riding gear and as Ste mentioned some decent luggage.
I'm sure you've done it already but if not, check out Hein Gericke on Tewkesbury Road (Cheltenham) which is close to you I think. Always bargains to be had and plenty of stuff to waste your money on
SteveH ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:05 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
But with the money he must of spent on that why didn't he just get an R6 anyway, they are much better.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whitetrash |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Whitetrash Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:55 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you wanted a tarty 400 shoulda got a ZXR.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Reevo8 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Reevo8 World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:11 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
What is with the negativity about tarty 400's?
You guys will really hate me when mine is done! ____________________ 05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR)  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:23 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would love to go on a track day, but I have only just got my VFR, if I came off I wouldn’t be able to get to work or afford to replace the now rare panels probably. Thrashing my bike around a track means I am putting my lively hood at stake. Fuk that.
I guess some of you can afford a car and a bike and repairs if you bin it.
An R6 reminds me of a beamer, usually on Chavie hip hop videos related to bad boys or bad Sunday riders with lollypop leathers, one or the other I don’t care. (Watch channel U booooiiieeeee).
Taking more interest in my VFR, it’s a personal thing now, I have always wanted one since I was a wee lad back in the 90’s and nothing else, and I have the colour scheme I always wanted, I’m living out my dream where as a nightmare for me is a Bandit.
Not really a rant as I don’t feel embarrassed about my 400 but I am getting the same shite I got back when I was chuffed with my 125.
Thanks for nothing  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:30 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Spend your money on petrol  ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|