|
|
| Author |
Message |
| White Noise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 White Noise Mr Dudwee

Joined: 17 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:28 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: Fecking keys |
 |
|
Can't believe how stupid i can be!
Got to work today put the disk lock on all sorted, just a minute ago went down to check my oil level, look around the office for my ignition key, can't find it!
WTF have i done with it? oh you tw@t go down and sure enough there it is in the ignition! Thankfully our office carpark is off the road and i put the disk lock on!
Anyone else done something more stupid?
WN ____________________ Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:32 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was hoping you would say you lost them, i've always wanted to say "it'll be in the last place you look".  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:36 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I first started riding I often left my key in the ignition. Luckily it was in a garage with an alarm and immobiliser. But still, I soon got out of the habit. I was used to cars where you have to pull the key out of the ignition to lock the doors  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Davo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Davo Davo To The Rescue!

Joined: 05 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:42 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
The first time I ever took my first bike anywhere I left it outside a newsagents while I went to get a bottle of coke (needed to cool down after the 55mph adrenaline rush I'd just had). When I got outside I realised I'd left the keys in it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kram |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kram World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:43 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i left my keys in my ignition over night, while my bike was on the drive  ____________________ FS1E -> SR125 -> CB400N -> CB650 -> FZR600 Genises -> VFR400 NC21 -> CBR900RR Fireblade -> Renault Clio 1.4 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wantser |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wantser Trackday Trickster

Joined: 04 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I leave the keys in the ignition all the friggin time! I cover the bike over when its outside work tho. So you cant see they are there.
Other stupid stuff I have done is try to ride off with the disk lock on. Take it from me you cant. Luckily at very low speed as only travelled a matter of inches. Duhhh  ____________________ An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sychosis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sychosis Crazy Courier

Joined: 21 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:50 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went to the wheel on my rs, and left it over the road on the grass, well ended up talking to this guy whilst I was putting my gloves under the seat, left the key in the seat lock. ____________________ Bikes owned: Aprilia RS 125 GP1 2003 (Now sold), Suzuki GSX-r600 1997 (streetfightered), https://www.bikepics.com/members/sychosis/
psy?cho?sis (si-ko-sis),n. pl. psy?cho?ses (-sez) ,A severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| White Noise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 White Noise Mr Dudwee

Joined: 17 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:50 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Adding to my stupidity i got on the bike at home and went to move it from the pavement to the road to start it, sat on it i push it forward, it moves a little the stops. i think the worse have the brakes seized shut? no as the bike moves a little? takes me 30 sec or so to realise that i left it parked in gear!
its amazing what you can forget in 2 days without riding!
WN ____________________ Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonnay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonnay World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:56 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Do it ALL the time
Was parked at the entrance to a woodland walk type-thing for about an hour and a half with the keys in it... Middle of nowhere, but loads of people about.
I remember to take them out now, I've got a fat keyring on them that's very visible... if I am about to forget them I notice that and pull them out.
My worst fear is locking the keys under the seat... that would be difficult to sort out, especially if my phone was under there. Having said that though, my dad works up in the local garage, and is forever having to sort out ped bois who manage to close their seat with the keys in it.. Apparently the seats are very easy to undo..
Jon ____________________ ::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi:: |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:58 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did lock my keys underneath the seat once. Luckily Phoenix was there and I had a feeling the key for his blade would unlock the seat. It did  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:18 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, I left TS125 in the centre of Cheltenham (not a good idea) for about 30 mins.
Came back and it was there. You can’t help but feel like a Rodney.
Another embarrassing moment was a very rare occasion I was slightly stoned, went to the garage down the road from my mates house to get some munchies, paid the woman behind the glass (it was late) I had all the gear on ready to make a quick get away. For some reason at 11:30pm there were around 5-6 people waiting in the cue, all watching me.
Paranoid enough anyway I struggled with the keys tried to get on and the thing fell on top of me. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| White Noise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 White Noise Mr Dudwee

Joined: 17 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Akiraprise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Akiraprise Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:32 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a few times, not overnight nor in anywhere public though, however the moment i leave the keys in my bike it allways gets started by a mate, lol, so i remember not to leave the keys in it . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:12 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've left mine in my bike, on a friday night outside work (Tesco) which turns into Chavville after 9pm TWICE.
Didn't nick it though, shame..
(It was disk locked, but the key to the disk lock was on the keys)
Now I've got an alarm for the XJ, I keep the blipper seperate.
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ZaphodBeeble |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ZaphodBeeble World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:05 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've left the keys in the ignition overnight near to the city centre of Cardiff. I was staying at a friend's house and put the bike in her front garden, which was about a metre wide with no gate. When I went to leave the next day I was hunting around for my keys for a while, then realised where they were. Needless to say I don't do that any more, I'm a tad more careful with my keys nowadays.  ____________________ Current bike: VTR1000F Firestorm. Previous: Firestorm (written off) - XJ600 Divvy - NSR125 - DT125 and a load of offroaders. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Keith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Keith World Chat Champion
Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm usually good at remembering things like keys, but as I was going into town a while back, I parked the bike up and noticed a load of teenage scum eyeing the bike up. I got so distracted by those kids that I forgot to even take my keys out! Needless to say, I returned to the bike as soon as I realised the keys werent in my pocket. Thankfully that was only about 2 minutes later.  ____________________ Aprilia RSV Mille R Edwards Replica - Aprilia RS250 - Suzuki GSXR600 Supersport Race Bike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Vespa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Vespa Traffic Copper
Joined: 12 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mrchips |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mrchips World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:27 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Done it the first time I ever took the bike out, and sometimes I would leave the key in it in the garage. ____________________ Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:48 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
thought he was going to blame one of us for a second ____________________ Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Born2bVile |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Born2bVile Spanner Monkey

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:27 - 31 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not entirely the same, but key-related........
I used to commute into City Centre Manchester every day and get changed into a suit when I got there, leaving my lid, Jacket, Jeans & boots in the cloakroom.
Anyway, one day some sneak thief tiptoes in and steals my jacket. With the bike keys in the pocket
My mate had a key that fitted the ignition of the bike, so I rang him. Unfortunately, he didn't have a key for the padlock, so I told him to bring a hacksaw.
So we sat in the middle of a very public bike park, (at 5pm, when everybody was coming out of work) sawing away at a padlock.
Did anyone call the police? (bear in mind, we were two of the scruffiest bikers around)
Did anybody even look at us or speak to us?
Did they feck!
Cheers,
Byrnie. ____________________ NABD Treasurer
National Association for Bikers with a Disability
Reg Charity No. 1040907 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|