 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:53 - 04 Apr 2005 Post subject: Bandit 600 exhaust - requires welding? |
 |
|
Hey all
Was underneath the Bandit yesterday and noticed the exhaust clamp (the one with shiny chrome plate attached) had rotted away and was not supporting the link pipe properly. I've managed to use some large jubilee clips to hold this area together but have come across a slight problem. Just a bit futher back from this area I've noticed a crack where the pipe gets thicker and the pipe has come loose here too. I've done a very shitty sketch to show you what I mean... Look for the cracking on my sketch..
Is this fixable by welding etc? Is it just the link pipe? ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:31 - 04 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
From your picture, I would weld it then grind it smooth again so the weld doesn't interfere with the fitting. Or braze it.
A lot of people just blank off the ends of balancer pipes when they rot through, I just don't know how appropriate this is for your bike. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:19 - 05 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Okay cheers guys I'll see if the local bike shop can weld it for me.
I didn't see the extent of the rust at first because of that bloody chromed bracket - only when it fell away in my hands did I realise just how rusted it was there  ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|