|
|
| Author |
Message |
| naxos |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 naxos L Plate Warrior
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:16 - 03 Apr 2005 Post subject: CG 125 spluttering & dying! |
 |
|
Several months ago I bought a 1996 Cg125 to be used as a winter hack bike. My Enfield Bullet has tasted far too much salt these 13 years past! Anyhow, the Honda was in my shed for a few months until six weeks ago I took it out for a shortish run....then back home to drain off the old oil.
Yesterday(after charging up the battery) I leapt on the beast,she started up ok, then 200 yards down the road started to splutter.......then die. I cleaned out the fuel tap.....put in a gallon of fresh unleaded......but it still dies on me after a few hundred yards.
Any ideas what I should check next? The engines a CDI model,so no points hassles here. It flew like a bird a few weeks back..........Im stumped?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:39 - 03 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
So you are saying that it cuts out after 200yds, each time, or once it has cut out, it never restarts? What does the spark plug look like when it dies? I'd strip the carb down myself, and blow the jets through. Probably wouldn't hurt to put an in-line filter in the fuel pipe too. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| naxos |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 naxos L Plate Warrior
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ts50x0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ts50x0 Spanner Monkey
Joined: 16 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pipnet11 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pipnet11 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 17 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:20 - 04 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like the carbs full of sh*t or one of the jets is blocked. Nice to know of anotther bullet owner on here by the way  ____________________ I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 05:41 - 06 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
ive just rebuilt a 01 reg cg125w, it was stolen recovered, cost me less than half price to buy it, repair it and get it mot'd
i had to respray the tank and side panels, the idiot who owned it before me, who gave up, had rubbed the tank down and all the bits were in the tank - i flushed the tank out, took about 2 washing up bowls full of hot water and soap to flush it.
I found a sock in the petrol tank, the lad probably used it to cover the petrol filler and it must have fallen in. no wonder it wouldnt run right.
new plug - the right one this time, cleaned out the carb and my uncle used a magic gadget plugged into the park plug hole, it was showing the collour of the burn and he set the fueling.
The bike gets to 0-60 in a jiffy for a little bike, not as fast as nsr issuspose but much better than a SR125.
hope you get it fixed. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|