 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:10 - 08 May 2005 Post subject: Crunch time... |
 |
|
Hi guys,
well, as a lot of you know I came off my bike a few weeks ago. I'm now trying to decide what to do, I have started to repair it, but (a) it's going slow and (b) I'm finding it hard to get hold of parts.
Couple that with high mileage (45k) and a tatty appearance I am beginning to consider just giving up on it and getting a new bike. I'm thinking of a Bandit.
Anyone have any suggestions, do I get the ER as cheaply road worthy as possible, or just break it?
Cheers! ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:15 - 08 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've not looked too deeply into get ER-5 parts, however, if there are a lack of them, and seeing how they're lots of peoples first bikes (therefore dropped alot) it might be worth parting it out.
I disliked my Bandit 600, I found it a little heavy, but would like to have one to streetfighter now.  ____________________ TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old. |
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:18 - 08 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Parts are OK, if you dont buy original... Kawasaki rear set was £80+VAT from my local dealer. £50+VAT from a breaker, I got it for £25 on eBay, but its the time it's taking to get bits. It's been two weeks and I've still only got the rear set. ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|